• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who Will Lose Out To Sonny Bill Williams?

:eek:Dam man, begining to feel like a let down.<_<
It gets better.

Injured Sonny Bill Williams is in trouble with Canterbury bosses after he was seen skiing at the weekend.
The former NRL star has not played for the ITM Cup franchise since signing from French club Toulon, and had been ruled out of the sides clash with Tasman because of injury on the day of his ski trip.
According to reports Williams was seen by people enjoying the Mt Hutt nightlife wearing a 'knitted reindeer jumper.'
Canterbury bosses are said to be none too impressed with Williams because failed to get clearance for the trip.

Williams resumed training this week but was left out of the sides game against Auckland.
It is thought he may play for Canterbury Metro in Saturday's opening game.
http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/7825498/sonny-skier

He's like the NH's payback for Dan Carter's injury when he was playing for Perpingan. A crap load of money for doing very little, though at least Carter contributed off the field.

Who could blame SBW for hitting the slopes? gaybo should be snowboarding though not bloody skiing hahaha.

Ah, this must be the 'passion for the All Black jersey' we've heard so much about. Excellent.

what a goon. With an attitude like that, you have to wonder why he is even CONSIDERED for the all black jersey.

Sounds like he owes his spot on the bench to Colin Slade being called up to the All Blacks, otherwise Ryan Crotty or Stephen Brett would probably have his bench spot
Rob Penney suggested earlier this week (well before Slade was called up to the AB's) that SBW was going to be in the squad for this match - he even suggested he may start. I think if Slade had been available Brett would have taken Monaghan's spot on the bench, rather than SBW's.

Rob Penney suggested earlier this week (well before Slade was called up to the AB's) that SBW was going to be in the squad for this match - he even suggested he may start. I think if Slade had been available Brett would have taken Monaghan's spot on the bench, rather than SBW's.

Thanks for the update Darwin - Sure, I probably don't know enough about the make up of the Canterbury squad, and aren't familiar with Monaghan. just thought i'd read somewhere that Rob Penney wasn't going to pick SBW just because he needs a run, and that he was going to go with the established in form backs already in the squad ... anyway, it's all good - i'm pleased Colin Slade is in the All Black squad, and it will be great if SBW does get some game time so we can see if he's worth having or not (not suggesting we will know from part of one game either)

I "think" sonny bill will shine in ITM cup. They guy has awesome physicality and some great ball skills.

For the All Blacks the biggest loser could be McAlister. He may have to fight his way back through the blues, harbor aren't helping his cause. Stanley is surely just a placeholder, still a good player but he didn't take the chance he had with nonu out of those early tests.

With nonu, Smith & Kahui a sure bet for any squad when they are fit that only really leaves one spot for another mid fielder

Latest posts