• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who will relegate?

hermanshire

Academy Player
Country Flag
Norway
Club or Nation
Scarlets
The rugby site Scrum Five asked a question yesterday on their twitter account, which team will relegate from the premiership?
Falcons who is currently last with 27 pts will play Saracens which is 3rd on the table, in the next game while Wasps play against Bath (8th).
In the last game of the season, Falcons and Wasps will play against eachother. I believe who ever lose that game is the team who will relegate.

Any thoughts?

Hard to say - both Wasps and Falcons are on better form now than they have been in a while.
They've both got the potential to win their next game, but also the potential to get absolutely battered in their next game. I think (and hope) it'll come down to the final game of the season - it'll add a bit of drama if it does!

To be honest: I think that Newcastle will finish last - whether they get relegated depends on the Championship/RFU and whether who wins that can be promoted with their stadium their playing in.

I think Wasps will make it. I'm hopeful about this Saturday as Bath have been so god-awful recently, and I think we at least have a chance at the bonus point. That would make it a very tough ask for Newcastle, who I think/hope will lose to Saracens. There was a positive article in the Times this morning suggestung that Wasps are in discussions with possible buyers, including Tony Kleanthous of Barnet FC. Apparently a deal is very possible as long as we stay up. I'm really hopeful that if the squad hear of this news it could really spur them into a big performance on Saturday to seal their future

Wasps have such a young squad but the real problem has been the inadequacy of senior players: Payne and Birkett are the seasoned veterans that we have leading us. Theres not enough quality in the experienced guys and overall the young un's are being asked to do far too much in what is often their first full season of premiership rugby: Wallace, Daly, Jones, Launchbury, Vunipola, Joe Burton, Wade, Mcintyre, Davies and Everard are all players who are either still in the academy/in the academy last season and are already regular starters. You wouldnt see this happening in a squad with more depth. Some of them arn't ready. Still, I think we'll be ok.

Probably Newcastle. Newcastle need to win away against Wasps, otherwise Wasps are too far ahead. But even if they win away on the last day of the season, Wasps will be at least level on points and number of wins (if Wasps lose, I reckon they'll get a LBP and be a point ahead), then Newcastle also need to better Wasps result against Bath when playing the Sarries. tbh, I don't see Newcastle beating Wasps or bettering Wasps result this weekend.

Also, I kind of want Wasps to stay up. They're in a bad enough financial state (read 11m losses on another forum) - not sure how they'd get through a season in the Championship with players like Haskell and Palmer joining the cause. If they could survive financially in the Championship, they'd probably come straight back up anyway, but a lot of damage would be caused.

Probably Newcastle. Newcastle need to win away against Wasps, otherwise Wasps are too far ahead. But even if they win away on the last day of the season, Wasps will be at least level on points and number of wins (if Wasps lose, I reckon they'll get a LBP and be a point ahead), then Newcastle also need to better Wasps result against Bath when playing the Sarries. tbh, I don't see Newcastle beating Wasps or bettering Wasps result this weekend.

Also, I kind of want Wasps to stay up. They're in a bad enough financial state (read 11m losses on another forum) - not sure how they'd get through a season in the Championship with players like Haskell and Palmer joining the cause. If they could survive financially in the Championship, they'd probably come straight back up anyway, but a lot of damage would be caused.

Lets-Be-Friends_o_93129.jpg

If the Wasps are to stay up they have to sort out their economy pretty fast and if they don´t they go down anyway when they get 15-point deduction

I have a sneaky feeling it will be Wasps that go down....or is that just wishful thinking?

I have a sneaky feeling that Leicester rugby club will be targeted by the Death Star and obliterated into a billion tiny particles with the resulting echo felt by an aged Jedi in space...

I have a sneaky feeling that Leicester rugby club will be targeted by the Death Star and obliterated into a billion tiny particles with the resulting echo felt by an aged Jedi in space...

If there was such a thing as a Death star I guarantee it will be a tiger (or former tiger) with his finger on the trigger.....watch out saints

If there was such a thing as a Death star I guarantee it will be a tiger (or former tiger) with his finger on the trigger.....watch out saints

Saints would definately be the Rebellion, fighting well above our weight but winning in the end!

On an other note Castrogavini would be Chewbacca!

I actually miss being able to have a genuine rivalry with the Tigers... Still, our squad is looking like being significantly more competitive next season,

I actually miss being able to have a genuine rivalry with the Tigers... Still, our squad is looking like being significantly more competitive next season,

Whats funny about the squad is though if i looked at my beloved saints team and the wasps team i'd love to add in a few wasps players. They have such quality in their youth which i hope they can hold on to.

Linsday - would add as an amazing back up to hartley.
Launchberry - would start over C.Day in my book, adds a bit more physicality
Wade - to replace Ashton.
Waldouk - to replace j. Downey
vunipolo - to replace Willson

Its just a shame that there were so many injuries and some of the older players just not the good now. Really hope you guys beat Bath and sort an owner out. You will be a force again with the new signings and the new stadium....which hopefully will be on its way to you. Makes me very thankful to have the Gardens.

Whats funny about the squad is though if i looked at my beloved saints team and the wasps team i'd love to add in a few wasps players. They have such quality in their youth which i hope they can hold on to.

Linsday - would add as an amazing back up to hartley.
Launchberry - would start over C.Day in my book, adds a bit more physicality
Wade - to replace Ashton.
Waldouk - to replace j. Downey
vunipolo - to replace Willson

Its just a shame that there were so many injuries and some of the older players just not the good now. Really hope you guys beat Bath and sort an owner out. You will be a force again with the new signings and the new stadium....which hopefully will be on its way to you. Makes me very thankful to have the Gardens.

Keep your *****ng hands where I can see them baby-snatcher!

Cheers though! we've put out pretty much the best side available: I don't know why but I'm feeling strangely confident...

15. Jack Wallace
14. Christian Wade
13. Elliot Daly
12. Dominic Waldouck
11. Tom Varndell
10. Nick Robinson
9. Charlie Davies
1. Tim Payne
2. Tom Lindsay
3. Ben Broster
4. Joe Launchbury
5. Richard Birkett (c)
6. Sam Jones
7. Jonathan Poff
8. Billy Vunipola
Replacements
16. Vladislav Korshunov
17. Zac Taulafo
18. Simon McIntyre
19. Ross Filipo
20. Tinus Du Plessis
21. Nic Berry
22. Chris Mayor
23. Lee Robinson

That is a strong looking side.
I am, however, surprised to see Filipo on the bench rather than starting, he had a good game last time I saw him.

Falcons lost 3-9 against Saracens. If the Wasps win tomorrow it is game over for the Falcons

The rugby site Scrum Five asked a question yesterday on their twitter account, which team will relegate from the premiership?
Falcons who is currently last with 27 pts will play Saracens which is 3rd on the table, in the next game while Wasps play against Bath (8th).
In the last game of the season, Falcons and Wasps will play against eachother. I believe who ever lose that game is the team who will relegate.

Any thoughts?

For the good of English Rugby, for the best World Cup possible in 2015 the desireable outcome os Newcastle to stay in the Aviva Premiership. No more Falcons means Sale is the Northern most team. A disasterous scenario. Newcastle returning next season is hardly guaranteed, unlike the Wasps.

The Falcons vs Wasps match could go either way.

After the 2015 world cup there needs to be a serious look at expanding the prem to 14 teams, bringing in Leeds and Bristol again and freezing relegation for 5 years or so. Doing this will allow the teams in the prem to invest long term, while the teams in the champ can strengthen themselves as well bringing their facilities up to standard etc.

After the 2015 world cup there needs to be a serious look at expanding the prem to 14 teams, bringing in Leeds and Bristol again and freezing relegation for 5 years or so. Doing this will allow the teams in the prem to invest long term, while the teams in the champ can strengthen themselves as well bringing their facilities up to standard etc.

Problem is that without the money playing Premiership Rugby gives you it's hard for them to upgrade.

Latest posts