Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tekadus7

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Chiefs
Who do you think will win Super Rugby next season? I'm picking the Chiefs, Brumbies and Stormers to top their conferences and of course, the Mooloos to go back to back.:p

Umm...it's still a long way away. Will have to see what the squads look like - new signings etc.

Maybe jsut a tad early. The new signing have just begun. I'll wager the Kings will prop up the log though.

Tough to call between Stormers - Sharks, Chiefs - Blues - Crusaders and Reds - Brumbies who'll top their conferences but I expect these will be the teams fighting for play-off spots. Blues will have to bounce back in a big way though.

Highlanders, Bulls, Hurricanes, Cheetahs and Waratahs to finish mid-table to 12th. Leaving the Kings, Force or Rebels to fight it out and try to avoid shame.

Maybe jsut a tad early. The new signing have just begun. I'll wager the Kings will prop up the log though.

Tough to call between Stormers - Sharks, Chiefs - Blues - Crusaders and Reds - Brumbies who'll top their conferences but I expect these will be the teams fighting for play-off spots. Blues will have to bounce back in a big way though.

Highlanders, Bulls, Hurricanes, Cheetahs and Waratahs to finish mid-table to 12th. Leaving the Kings, Force or Rebels to fight it out and try to avoid shame.

You serious...If the Blues do better than the Canes (who should get a playoff spot based off last seasons form for a young team) I'll be furious.

Hurricanes to take it.. they play the stormers (if the stormers get jantjies & taute) in the final in wellington on a rainy day... Jane to score the winner:p

seriously... a SA team will win it, they will get a huge advantage cuz of moering the kings each time... so i would say the sharks or stormers (if teh stormers get jantjies & taute) to win it...

Umm...it's still a long way away. Will have to see what the squads look like - new signings etc.

hey :? who did you vote for? i'm the only hurricane vote thus far, u an undercover shark fan? :p

Hurricanes to take it.. they play the stormers (if the stormers get jantjies & taute) in the final in wellington on a rainy day... Jane to score the winner:p

seriously... a SA team will win it, they will get a huge advantage cuz of moering the kings each time... so i would say the sharks or stormers (if teh stormers get jantjies & taute) to win it...

What happened to you supporting the boys in blue and white hoops? ...

hey :? who did you vote for? i'm the only hurricane vote thus far, u an undercover shark fan? :p

Too early for me to make a real prediction, may vote in 5 or so months :p. I love the Hurricanes, but I wouldn't bet my house on them winning the tournament by any means.

Of the 3 top teams in SA, the Bulls look to be way behind. They are missing less players due to Bok call-ups but struggle to make the play-offs while the Stormers (missing 8) and the Sharks (missing 11) are steadily in the top4.

Who will win, is too early to tell, but once the preparations start, we will know more. The Sharks have been massive under-achievers in recent years. We haven't topped the log in 5 years despite having massive depth in our backrow, having an all-Bok frontrow and incredible wingers. Again, we made a step up from what we were and I really hope we can finally show what we are capable of. Topping the SA conference is something I expect from my team, especially with the current squad.

Surely the Blues can't be THAT terrible during 2 years running? I assume of course that they have a new coach, key injured players back and have a 9, 10 combination worth something.

Well...let's looks at that check list.

1. Kirwan better than Pat Lam? Can't be much worse - but some of his choices like not wanting/now rewanting Anscombe has me nervous.
2. Toeava, Kaino, Woodcock, Wulf all had injury problems last season - which isn't a big issue for them this season as they've lost all those players overseas/to other teams as well as Mathewson and Benson Stanley and now probably Anscombe. They've recruited some good young talent in Mckenzie, Naholo, Hall and to an extent kerr, but they're all very young and probably not quite ready.
3. I tought Mathewson looked much better than Weepu last season (certainly fitter) while their options at 10 are either average as heck (Noakes) or untested (Kerr). Bryn Hall is a very young halfback but he's looked good in the ITM Cup, but I wouldn't expect him to be quite ready yet. If they've lost Anscombe (which I suspect they have) then a good 9-10 combo is very unlikely.

Obviously there is no way we can make accurate predictions at this point but in an attempted rain man moment I will go for:

Log at end of season:

1. Sharks
2. Crusaders
3. Brumbies
4. Stormers
5. Chiefs
6. Blues/Canes

Stormers to win in a thrilling revenge final at the Shark tank (or you know, not :p ).

Although I do think the Stormers have a really good shot of winning if - Eben/Siya/Kitsoff continue there development, Bekker and Vermulen remain fit giving them an edge at Line-outs and the break down respectively, Cilliers steadies a shaky scrum and Jantjies get's more out of the backline than Peter G has been able to do.

I agree with Nick about the Blues - I would be surprised if they aren't the worst New Zealand team again. Last season on paper they were the 2nd or 3rd best New Zealand franchise, and completely under-performed. However during the off-season they have lost many of their top players (Woodcock, Kaino, Lowrey, Mathewson, Stanley, Wulf, Toeava, possibly Boric.....), but haven't added anyone of note. On paper they are nowhere near as strong as last season, and in fact I think the Crusaders, Chiefs, Hurricanes, and Highlanders all look to have stronger sides than them this year.

My top 6 (in no particular order): Stormers, Sharks, Chiefs, Crusaders, Highlanders, Brumbies, with the Hurricanes, Bulls, and Reds just missing out.

Surely the Blues can't be THAT terrible during 2 years running? I assume of course that they have a new coach, key injured players back and have a 9, 10 combination worth something.

JK

I agree with Nick about the Blues - I would be surprised if they aren't the worst New Zealand team again. Last season on paper they were the 2nd or 3rd best New Zealand franchise, and completely under-performed. However during the off-season they have lost many of their top players (Woodcock, Kaino, Lowrey, Mathewson, Stanley, Wulf, Toeava, possibly Boric.....), but haven't added anyone of note. On paper they are nowhere near as strong as last season, and in fact I think the Crusaders, Chiefs, Hurricanes, and Highlanders all look to have stronger sides than them this year.

My top 6 (in no particular order): Stormers, Sharks, Chiefs, Crusaders, Highlanders, Brumbies, with the Hurricanes, Bulls, and Reds just missing out.

Remember, the Blues are a bit like the Chiefs were last season.

As long as the Blues have Nonu and Weepu firing, and Kerr hits his straps, I see no reason why they can't do the same as the Chiefs.

That being said, JK is completely unproven.

The Blues were quite impressive in their last two matches last season, and if their ITM Cup form is anything to go by, I think they may be able to do something. That said, all other NZ teams look strong. Sharks and Stormers should be very good next season, but I'll stick with Chiefs. Aussies will again only have one team in the top six, fingers crossed its the Brumbies.

I'm getting an early bet in that the Province Kings will lose EVERY single game they play. Only possible wins will be Rebels, Force and maybe the Cheetahs if they get caught really napping that week.

If Rennie can help us to win a second ***le we might have found our own Deans :)

Latest posts