Who will win the RWC

REC

• All Blacks

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • The Wallabies

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't be a true fan if I didn't believe that the Wallabies could win. No easy feat but if we can pull it off it will be against all odds

Was there a poll for this before the tournament started? Wonder how many people thought we'd be in with a serious shake? Not too many I'd fancy

I think you were meant to go out I the pool stages after Wales and England proved too strong at home, lol

Was there a poll for this before the tournament started? Wonder how many people thought we'd be in with a serious shake? Not too many I'd fancy

I can't remember remember who I picked for the final, but I definitely thought you'd top your pool. Wallabies have come a long way for sure :)

I thought Australia were one of the favourites along with the All Blacks and England, coming off a rugby championship win and all.

Previous early days thread somewhere I picked a Aus / NZ final, although I had them beating Ireland in the semi.

Yeah. Well there are a lot of people on this forum who don't understand rugby, so more fool them. I certainly never said that.

I think Australia just might take it - they're the most improved team over this past year, imho. What a difference a coach can make. I really want the ABs to win, if just for the sake of Richie and Dan, but my gut tells me it'll be the Wallabies this year.

das

I think I posted my picks from Day 1. I had the ABs winning but OZ as my second pick.

I just cashed in my bet on OZ to win (NZ excluded) at $6. OZ to win their pool as well. The way they played in the RC was enough for me, but the fact that they beat the ABs quite convincingly was the clincher!!

I think the ABs are a 65% chance of winning this one. It's probable I am underestimating the ABs chances though for some kind of self protection. Perhaps realistically the are more like a 70% chance? Bookies appear to have them at more like 75-80% though!!

If the ABs can gain parity at the breakdown they should win. If OZ cant gain the advantage there I dont think the rest of the facets of their game are good enough to be honest. The ABs are just way too good at converting possession into tries. Better than any team. Too much possession, too much quick ball = too many points for OZ to get.

I dont think you'll find too many AB fans that wont be very worried about this OZ team though!! They have certainly earnt much respect over here recently!!

I think New Zealand will win, and fairly comfortably (i.e. by >7 points).

I'll be cheering on Australia, because they're the underdogs, but I just can't see past the All Blacks.

This game won't be won by a large margin. Will only be a few points either way.
It will be decided at the breakdown and scrum. If Australia dominate this and the scrum which I think they will based on performances past then Australia just may edge out the AB's.

Aussie can win it, they have the class and the experience and the quality.
This will be a very tough and tight affair, like most finals, but this one has two glittering back lines and packs worth their salt in loose forward play.
Aussie have the edge at the breakdown, AB's have the edge in the tight five.
Foley's kicking radar will need to be spot on and Dan Carter will need to continue his form.
Kicks for points are a bit dull but they are so critical in knockout rugby.

Either side could win it, however the All Blacks still are the best team in the world (i'm not sure if the gap has shortened) but the Wallabies are playing better than they have been previously.

I'm happy the got to the finals.

As a Wallabies fan I hope they win it, however it may be a case of 4 years too early - I guess we shall find out.

I won't be upset if we do get beaten - the current All Blacks team are the best we've ever seen.

From a South African point of view, it's going to be a cracker of a Final for the neutrals to enjoy. Just one question, if the Wallabies do win, will it stop all this nonsense we get fed for 4 years by coaches that they're building for the World Cup? Because in theory Michael Cheika would've done his building in the 4 games leading up to the tournament....

From a South African point of view, it's going to be a cracker of a Final for the neutrals to enjoy. Just one question, if the Wallabies do win, will it stop all this nonsense we get fed for 4 years by coaches that they're building for the World Cup? Because in theory Michael Cheika would've done his building in the 4 games leading up to the tournament....

Yeah get sick of the excuse 4 year plan, Aus have had success in picking a form team and sticking with it.

Yeah get sick of the excuse 4 year plan, Aus have had success in picking a form team and sticking with it.

Yes and no.

If Australia didn't get out of its group it wouldn't have been a surprise - as it looked like the rebuilding phase was going to take a couple of years.

As it is - I'm still not quite sure how we made the final - coming in I would have said a QF/SF would have been a pass mark.

In fairness, coach Mckenzie did have a bit to do with it as well getting extra depth into the squad. So Cheika wasn't starting with a blank page.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes and no.

If Australia didn't get out of its group it wouldn't have been a surprise - as it looked like the rebuilding phase was going to take a couple of years.

As it is - I'm still not quite sure how we made the final - coming in I would have said a QF/SF would have been a pass mark.

Glass half full sort of guys?