• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who will win the Super 14 upcoming season

B

bates

Morning all, I was just wondering who might win the cup next season, this season the Crusaders did a great job but with a possible leave of Carter the team is losing a great player.

As a chief fan I hope the Chiefs finish into the top 6, but with gibbes leaving the squad, I have my doubts about it.

Off course it's sport so everything can happen.

My idea is that mostly a SA team E.G:Sharks, Stormers will win the Super 14 or maybe the Waraths.

As I can only follow the super 14 by reading online newspapers and watching youtube, my knowledge is not really uptodate ( Especailly following the crusaders and the Chiefs), I'm always in for gathering more info about it. :)

So please share your opinion and also give some explenation.

Many thnx

i too hope the chiefs can make the finals, hopefully take out the competition, although they need to be more consistent. i don't think jonno will make much of a difference as he spent most of the last season out anyway.

i think the chiefs have a good list of players to choose from, providing they keep their injuries down and win some crucial games at the beginning of the season i can't see why they can't make it.

i think the force will have a great year in the super 14 next year

The Stormers -just- missed out on the Semis by a single try in the final round robin game this year, would love for them to even get into the Semis next year.

I think the Saders will still be a tough proposition for anyone, but more likely teams such as the Sharks, Warratahs, Force and hopefully Stormers will be gunning for top spot.

The Hurricanes, blues and Chiefs are always very strong too, but I'm not sure the chiefs will be that succesfull next year, I think now that the Blues have a new coach they might actually not choke near the end of the competition and make it into a semi again.

The Hurricanes were awesome this year too, so even they could do it.

If I had to put down a name, I'd probably expect either the Warratahs, Hurricanes, Sharks or Saders to win next year.

The thing with the Chiefs is that they always had some great players ( some AB as well) but every season they just didn't had that little extra to get in the top 4.

I know Gibbes didn't play that much games, but I think his attendence for the team meant something ( could be completely wrong off course :) )

The Stormers -just- missed out on the Semis by a single try in the final round robin game this year, would love for them to even get into the Semis next year.

I think the Saders will still be a tough proposition for anyone, but more likely teams such as the Sharks, Warratahs, Force and hopefully Stormers will be gunning for top spot.

The Hurricanes, blues and Chiefs are always very strong too, but I'm not sure the chiefs will be that succesfull next year, I think now that the Blues have a new coach they might actually not choke near the end of the competition and make it into a semi again.

The Hurricanes were awesome this year too, so even they could do it.

If I had to put down a name, I'd probably expect either the Warratahs, Hurricanes, Sharks or Saders to win next year.
[/b]

Well the Hurricanes were awesome last season that's true and the Stormers and Blues aswell.
Altho I think the top 4 will def have these teams: Saders, Waraths and Sharks.

Hopefully the Chiefs attract some very good players and do their best.
Might see a game as I'm going on holiday to NZ next Jan-Feb.

I think the Stormers will do better than any other South African S14 teams next year. Rassie has brought in some really good players, they already have alot of depth and they have most of the current Springboks out of all the Unions.

I think the Stormers will do better than any other South African S14 teams next year. Rassie has brought in some really good players, they already have alot of depth and they have most of the current Springboks out of all the Unions. [/b]

Agreed. :p

Knowing my luck I bet the Force will make the final as I won't even be in the hemisphere, but mark my words, if they get into the final I will be there and they will triumph!!! :D

Knowing my luck I bet the Force will make the final as I won't even be in the hemisphere, but mark my words, if they get into the final I will be there and they will triumph!!! :D [/b]

are you going up north to teach them the ELV's? :D

are you going up north to teach them the ELV's? :D[/b]
I'm aiming to be as arrogant and asserting my superiority as much as possible, I'm sure the ELV's will come into that as well. Along the lines of 'Rubbish under the old laws, rubbish under the new ones'. :p

Knowing my luck I bet the Force will make the final as I won't even be in the hemisphere, but mark my words, if they get into the final I will be there and they will triumph!!! :D
[/b]

In that case I hope they play the final against the Chiefs :D

I'm hoping the Hurricanes win it because we've always been either in the Semis or the Final for the last 4 seasons in the Super14 and ANZ Cup so I'm hardout hoping we win it this season.

Latest posts