• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who will win the World Cup this year in South Africa?

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters

MichaelBoard

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
As it stands who do you think will win this World Cup? It is wide open, so what do you think?

Im hopeful that Italy can repeat the feat just as they won it in Germany in 2006. Though they have made a slow start so have most of the top teams and I don't think you should ever rule the reigning champs out. Don't know how the draw will fold out but I'd certainly fancy them if they met England or Germany because they have the know-how and experience and quality.

It's weird, all of the favorites haven't done well at all.
Spain losing to Switzerland,
Germany backing up a good win against Australia with a loss against Serbia,
Brazil unconvicingly beat North Korea
Argentina had a poor first performance but looked livelier yesterday (or was it the day before?)

I really have no idea,
I'd like Germany to win because i put a tenner on them to do it :p but as it stands who knows, on current form i'm going to say Argentina

Not a bad shout, certainly got the players to win. I want Italy to win. I said to a mate a while before the tournament kicked off that I fancied the Germans and was guna stick a tenner on them to win, never actually got round to it, gutted I didn't now!

I put mine on halfway through the Aussie match before the odds dropped, so i got 14/1 on it, so not bad :p
I'm interested to see how Brazil/Spain fair in their second matches, i think both teams underestimated their opponents in the first round

Well i was up for france tbh ...the mexicans seemed to have spoiled that party ha

but i reckon the brazilians have it theirs to lose

yes its been quite unpredictable so far, nice to see some of the underdogs perform well though

yes its been quite unpredictable so far, nice to see some of the underdogs perform well though

not in this case ...being half french living in ireland i will get a horrific amount of ribbing when i go home and france are knocked out...:p

haha lucky number 7, quite an awkward position to be in. Can't get much worse than the stick you must of got after "the handball" happened? Have you seen James Cordens World Cup Live? They've got an Irishman on the human world cup wallchart instead of a Frenchman lol

Ha yeah i got a fair bit but i didnt give a toss really i go out on the rugby field everytime i play with the intention of cheating so i ha no real issues with it ha

and of course thierry played alongside our lord himself dennis bergkamp so i have long ago made my peace :p

i support aresnal yeah ..grewup watching them play from around 1996 till now and until about 2 years ago they alwaysplayed to most attracive football so naturally i followed them...they also had bergkamp...enough said haha

Rugbys my first sport but when it comes to football I'm spurs all the way, was hoping to go down and watch them a few times this season but broke my leg

yeah ive played rugby since i was about 5 or 6 but i used to enjoy watching soccer lately though i cant be arsed watching it ..rugby has completely take over

Really hoping and praying that Italy pull it together today and show the class that I know they got. I'm even guna put my revision on hold for the most important exam of my life tomorrow until after the match. Cmon the Itis!

Spain are going to win it. If they come out firing, they are unbeatable. Granted they had a slow start, but i don't see any team capable of beating them if they play like we all know they can.

Not alot I can argue about with that. then again if the groups end up like I've predicted then Spain will face Brazil so theres no guarantee they'll go any further. Wouldn't like to pick between the 2

Rugbys my first sport but when it comes to football I'm spurs all the way, was hoping to go down and watch them a few times this season but broke my leg

Good lad. Althought I'm a United fan, my dad is a Spurs fan which makes me a closet Spurs fan. We went to White Hart Lane a few years back now, it's not great by any shakes! :p The prospective new stadium looks absolutely brilliant though!

Spain are going to win it. If they come out firing, they are unbeatable. Granted they had a slow start, but i don't see any team capable of beating them if they play like we all know they can.
Spain won't win. I've been saying for weeks that they'll come up against an organised and well-drilled side that will break their play down and stop them doing anything and they'd lose - see Barca v Inter Champions League semi-final. I thought this would come in the quarters/semis, not the first group game!!! :p It's not even assured they'll make it to the last 16 and if they do the likelihood is they'll play Brazil, where there tournament will end.
Don't think I'm biased against the Spanish, I absolutely love them and how they play, I've been wearing my Spanish replica shirt during their games; it's just how I see it all going.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts