• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who would you want to convert

D

dundeesmiffy

What players would you like to see / do you think would strive if they changed football codes?

I'd like to see Danny Brough, it's unlikely I think but he's done some fantastic things at Wakefield, I just think he'd be a great addition to the Scottish international side, god knows the Scottish league team will go f***ing nowhere unless they have Scottish players and some money gets put into it.

B

Bullitt

I'd love to see James Roby have a crack at Union, his linebreaking, sidestep and distribution would make him a brilliant running 13.

Going the other way I reckon Ben Cohen, with his size, pace, handling and unbreakable defensive work would dominate the Superleague.

There's also that Wigan fullback who would make himself a pretty useful union winger, forget his name right now...

B

BLR

Jonathon Thurston would be pretty interesting..from what I have seen of him he looks quality...

N

nick_w

Perhaps Dwain Chambers should make a switch? Think he'd bring a lot to the water boy position.

As for the other way, possibly Tuilaga. I'm a big fan of Samoan rugby anyway, but I think he'd be a good addition for a number of Super League teams. Possibly Cueto a few years back.

C

Charles

Jonathon Thurston would be pretty interesting..from what I have seen of him he looks quality... [/b]

Yep.

Also obviously Weepu Nonu and Lauaki could all play league without problems I think.

S

stormmaster1

Perhaps Dwain Chambers should make a switch? Think he'd bring a lot to the water boy position.

As for the other way, possibly Tuilaga. I'm a big fan of Samoan rugby anyway, but I think he'd be a good addition for a number of Super League teams. Possibly Cueto a few years back. [/b]

the older tuilagi did well for Saints and Halifax, and i expect most of that family would do well. I would like to have seen Neil Back play League before he retired as he would have made a great hooker.

I

Incredible Schalk

I would like to see Willie mason convert so I could watch him get smashed.
[/b]

Yea hes a tosser.

Is it Penney? plays for Wakefield, hes got jet shoes ;)

N

nam97

I know it's already going around a bit, but I'd love to see Sonny Bill play center. He'd be near unstoppable if he can do what I think he can do, know what I mean? He'd be bigger than any other center by a lot and you'd have to back him making a break or an offload whilst drawing 3 guys towards him every play. Not the fastest but wouldn't matter.

G

Gavin

It would have been great to see how Jonah Lomu would have stood up against league defenders. Could have also shown what a great rugby player, in general, he was and might still be *Here's me hoping*

J

Jer1cho

Well, I would love to see Sebastien Chabal try American Football. Would be pretty entertaining i reckon. He He.

S

sanzar

I know it's already going around a bit, but I'd love to see Sonny Bill play center. He'd be near unstoppable if he can do what I think he can do, know what I mean? He'd be bigger than any other center by a lot and you'd have to back him making a break or an offload whilst drawing 3 guys towards him every play. Not the fastest but wouldn't matter. [/b]
SBW would be a devastating centre in Union... but he'd never switch because League still suits his style of game a lot more and making the All Blacks is a crap load harder than making the Kiwis.
Personally I'd love to see Greg Inglis give Union a go maybe as a fullback (if he got his kicking in order), that man in space is just so devastiting...

C

Charles

Well, I would love to see Sebastien Chabal try American Football. Would be pretty entertaining i reckon. He He. [/b]

Yeah definitely. Plus his stamina wouldn't be a problem at all.

N

Nat

Willie Mason is too pussy to have a go at union..come on guys he won't play prop in league cuz theres too much contact..he wants to hang in the centres to smash though 80kg dudes. Rupeni Cau Cau would make a great league winger if you can get him off the hooter!

G

gingergenius

It seems that the only guys who really make a success of League-->Union switches are wingers/ fullbacks, cos the job specification is quite similar.

Kyle Eastmond of St Helens should be poached straightaway, young enough to learn Union and is the next Jason Robinson.

C

Charles

Vincent Clerc would be awesome in league...Maybe Michalak wouldn't do bad as well.

And I'd like to see Jonathan Thurston tried out in Union as as #10, and maybe Greg Inglis ?

Edit: how could I forget ? Jerry Collins of course...

J

jawmalawm24

League can have Tasesa Lavea back because he sucks and I think Steve Price would make a good blindside or maybe no.8 in ruggers.

F

Fa'atau82

Kyle Eastmond of St Helens should be poached straightaway, young enough to learn Union and is the next Jason Robinson.[/b]

I think i saw this guy scoring a try for St.Helens a few weeks ago. Not the one in the clip though. He has massive pace, and some good endurance by the look of his try, he just burned everyone in sight. I agree, he reminds you of Jason Robinson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaYchuXETgU