Who'll be the Top Try Scorer

big ginger 8

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Simples. Who do you think will be the 3n top try scorer?

I'm going with Beale.

Than probably Ioane or Gear if he plays.

Last edited:
Simples. Who do you think will be the 3n top try scorer?

I'm going with Beale.

Than probably Ioane or Gear if he plays.

Gear is injured at the moment so will likely miss the first few matches. It it is unlikely that many players will play all 4 games though, as I'd expect both Australia and New Zealand to do so experimenting / resting players throughout the tournament.

My pick.... Conrad Smith.

Andrew Hore!!! lol...

No seriously I think it's going to be Ma'a Nonu

Likely Candidates are Nonu & Muliaina for the All Blacks

Hard to say who will be up there in terms of the wingers because no-one can predict who will get gametime there. Could be jane, Could be Kahui, Could be Toeava, Or Guildford though he may likely be rested for the first game after a Huge workload in super15. Gear would be likely if he weren't injured.

For Aussie I'd bet on JOC again I think he was top try scorer for them last year.

Who knows for SA, so many of their backs trys are from intercrpts and from posession they score more through the forwards and guys like Burger & Spies. Habanna hasn't been a threat for a while and I dont expect him to score more than 1 or 2 trys maybe not even that if he's rested for a couple of games.

Digby Ioane, James O'connor, Muillaina or Habana

Im pretty indecisive as you can see

If he's fit and plays I'll put my money on Dagg; he knows how to get into position and can finish like anybody.

For Aus.... so many options.... erm.. I'll say JOC.

For SA... depending on where he plays but if at 15, then Lambie otherwise Coenie Oosthuizen/Dean Greyling (whoever starts - taking over the mantel from Guthro Steenkamp who scored a couple last year) LOL.

Last edited:
New Zealand - Hosea Gear

Australia - Adam Ashley-Cooper

South Africa - Bjorn Basson or Gio Aplon

James O'Connor overall, with Gear and, ooooh, let's say de Jong for their respective nations.

I would not be surprised by Muliaina, O'Connor or Gear. RSA don't really score enough tries for me to consider any of their players as a serious option.. But Gio Aplon has been on fire this S15 season, so for South Africa I would say he's the strongest contender, followed by Basson and Pietersen.

Does anyone know if Toeava will start at 15 at any point? He was playing superbly pre-injury and unless Muliaina gains his form of last season very quickly I would say it's worth experimenting with the backline.

I would not be surprised by Muliaina, O'Connor or Gear. RSA don't really score enough tries for me to consider any of their players as a serious option.. But Gio Aplon has been on fire this S15 season, so for South Africa I would say he's the strongest contender, followed by Basson and Pietersen.

Does anyone know if Toeava will start at 15 at any point? He was playing superbly pre-injury and unless Muliaina gains his form of last season very quickly I would say it's worth experimenting with the backline.

I think Toeava has been ruled out of the first two matches of the tri-nations. I would expect Muliaina will start these two matches, but it wouldn't surprise me if Toeava (or Dagg if he recovers in time) is given a chance at fullback in one of the final two matches (Toeava is also likely to be given a start on the wing in one of these matches too).

one of the nz wingers. they allways score a heap of tries against small teams like in the 07 world cup.

Well as incumbent winger that wouldn't surprise me too much... I just think it would be a shame not to try him out at full back given his form there pre-injury. Muliaina's a great player but his form hasn't been the best as of recently and it would be good to try others in the position, even only to get Muliaina upping his work rate.

Latest posts