• Ulster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rugby_Cymru

So here it is.
3 games left for some, 2 games left for others and if you're unlucky like Ulster then you've only got one game left.
Vote on the poll. Who'll be league champions this year.

Discuss.

It's looking good for the Ospreys right now, isn't it.
I mean a game in hand over Leinster and even tho they are 3 away games, the teams to be played are Glasgow, Dragons and Borders.
It's a strong possbility.

It's looking good for the Ospreys right now, isn't it.
I mean a game in hand over Leinster and even tho they are 3 away games, the teams to be played are Glasgow, Dragons and Borders.
It's a strong possbility.
[/b]

:lol:

seriously though, i cant see past leinster now - and the Ospreys may find the trip to the borders tougher than expected - most of the scottish rugby comunity will be supporting the borders in their last ever game. sorry ospery, but i'll be supporting borders in this one.

Yeah, the tables have certainly turned in this one haven't they?
Ospreys, Cardiff and Leinster had all let themselves down with recent losses, but Leinster are the ones with bonus points backing them up, and that's giving them the edge right now.
I have faith in the Ospreys, but it's gonna be tough to overtake Leinster...i guess we're going to have to rely upon the bloody Blues.

I don't see Leinster getting a bonus point vs. Cardiff friday night, so Ospreys

Yeah, but if Leinster beat Cardiff without a binus point then Ospreys will still need 2 bonus point wins. And they'll have to beat both those teams by a quite a score line because Leinster already have a 50+ point advantage in points difference.

Bottom line: Leinster beat Cardiff...they'll more than likely take the ***le.
We'd need a miracle to take it from them.

Yeah, but if Leinster beat Cardiff without a binus point then Ospreys will still need 2 bonus point wins[/b]
that'll be enough, I guess... if Ospreys get the 2 bonus points win (more than likely... :rolleyes: ) and Leinster doesn't get his bp vs. Cardiff, the welsh side will be champion, no use for scoring difference

3.4 If two or more Teams finish with the same number of League points their placings will be determined by the following criteria in descending order:
· number of matches won
· the difference between points for and points against

so the standing would be
1. Ospreys pts 65 w 14
2. Leinster pts 65 w 13

I stand corrected...and a little bit happier.
Cheers for that revelation, Danit.

I got a feeling the dragons scrape a win tonight. But I have an even stronger feeling that Leinster will beat the Blues this week. So my money would be on Leinster.

Does anyone even care? Nobody wins anyway. *edit* I AM VERY DRUNK */edit*

Leinster to win.

Why?

Because they have the best backline in the world, inc better than the Crusaders, Sharks, etc.

Contepomi, DÃrcy, O´Driscoll, Horgan, Demspey, Hickie and Whitaker. If the Irish players are picked that is :wacko:

Not a bad forward pack either...

Leinster to win.

Why?

Because they have the best backline in the world, inc better than the Crusaders, Sharks, etc.

Contepomi, DÃrcy, O´Driscoll, Horgan, Demspey, Hickie and Whitaker. If the Irish players are picked that is :wacko:

Not a bad forward pack either...
[/b]
I agree your backs are EXTREMELY impressive. However you will need god on your side hoping Borders will beat the Ospreys this week. Or if your side can manage a shock bonus point victory over Cardiff then there's no need to worry, because Ospreys WILL get the bonus point against the borders, it's inevitable.

Blues haven't lost at home since January last year, Leinster have only (luckily) won once in Wales this season, by 1 measly point vs a pretty weak Dragons team. And they have no O'Driscoll. If the Blues play their first team they won't even win let alone get the needed bonus point, Ospreys for the ***le!

Blues haven't lost at home since January last year (IN THE MAGNERS LEAGUE), Leinster have only (luckily) won once in Wales this season, by 1 measly point vs a pretty weak Dragons team. And they have no O'Driscoll. If the Blues play their first team they won't even win let alone get the needed bonus point, Ospreys for the ***le!
[/b]

I still have faith in the Ospreys.
It's gonna be a hell of a challenge.
Cardiff can win, but it looks like Leinster could sneak the points...as long as 4 tries don't happen in the process, then O's have a cracker of a task (possible, but O's aren't a bonus points team).

I was wrong. Leinster lost to the Blues as they deserved to on the day. I ifnd it quite sickening that the Irish teams complain about the Heineken Cup boycott and relate it to the revenue they will lsoe when they never play there best XV for Magners League matches.

Like I said, its the worlds best XV outside of test rugby if they pick their best lineup. They didn´t and lost.

Credit to the Osprey´s btw. James Hook is my pick for something big in the World Cup. I was saying this after seeing him debut in Argentina in June 2006. Few agreed. Now seems to be a tad different. Great player. Hopefully Wales play him at 12 ouside Stephen Jones and inside Gareth Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts