• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who's going to go through to the Quarters?

Which two teams will make it through?

• Total voters

Dizzy

First XV
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
As much as I love SA, they are a threat come World Cup time and I am gunning for Samoa to beat them convincingly and lose to Wales but gain the bonus point, or maybe two bonus points, That way It'll be Wales and Samoa advancing

Really hard to call, could be any of Samoa, South Africa and Fiji

Samoa vs Wales will give us a better showing of where Samoa are at atm, and if they get a win in that, then that could well see Wales out of the running and needing Samoa to go on and beat SA too (which is possible)

Very exciting group though

I still think Wales will progress, can't look past SA finishing top of the group

South Africa first and Wales second.

South Africa are too good at winning to lose (if that makes sense). Samoa looked devistating against Namibia and obviously bet Australia earlier in the year, but I think Wales will just have too much composure at the end of the day. Fiji against Samoa will be a cracker, both teams play an exciting and physical game, I can't wait to see it.

It will all come down to the final match in Hamilton when Wales plays Fiji... Deja-vu?

I think both Fiji and Samoa have a good chance, it's just the luck of the draw and a bounce that will decide this

I'm picking SA to top the pool through winning all our games albeit ugly. Voted for the Welsh to go through as runners up as they put in a real good showing and seem to be on good form but I can easily see them going down to both Samoa and/or Fiji (if they let them have a sniff of victory) as their running game plays into the hands of the Island teams and anything can happen in a loose game while SA should beat both Pacific Island teams with a strangling brand of rugby IF our execution is accurate and the guys maintain their focus and structures for the full match; keep it tight and dominate the set pieces, play for territory and take the points on offer and you can't go wrong. We havn't seen the accuracy and focus needed to win the RWC yet from SA but we should be able to hold enough shape and hopefully the gametime and tough games will allow the team to get sharp for the playoffs.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, some will be saying it would be a tactical masterstroke if the Boks played a second string side against Samoa and lost, considering the Ireland/ Aus game.

What if Samoa beat Wales? Final pool game where both teams are trying their hardest not to win?

South Africa were really impressive yesterday, their defence is superb and they have the physical presence to really threaten in this world cup.Wales will probably go through with them, now they have beaten Samoa.

Hmmmm, some will be saying it would be a tactical masterstroke if the Boks played a second string side against Samoa and lost, considering the Ireland/ Aus game.

nah to be the best u have to beat the best.

If Samoa can win with a bonus point this week then it will come down to the last roung where they will need to beat South Africa. If they do beat South Africa with a bonus point as well then they advance. If Fiji beats Wales and Wales do not pick up a bonus poin then Samoa will advance even if they lose to South Africa.

Fiji vs Wales will be the game that determines who goes through...

Latest posts