• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Whos Looking Forward to England--France?

S

sandman36

Personally i don't think England are gunna' win it this year, we're just not good enough at the moment
But i think as we did last year we'll be the only team to beat France (atleast i think we were)
But i'm looking forward to the home game more :)

we've probably got a better chance of beating them to be honest. There's no game the French are going to want to win more than the English one given their recent record against them and the media will be banking on another flaky French performance so they'll make them favourites which will be just the incentive the French need.

And no, Wales beat France last year aswell.
And we'll have to see what France turn up this year. If it's the France from last season then it should be a narrow England win (why do I get the feeling I've said this before? :huh: )

Well i'd just be happy to see England play OKAY against them, but to beat them would be the icing on the cake :p
Any idea who Englands recent kicker is? :S not sure who they'll pick for the SN

well it's Cipriani if he starts, but given his form this season he shouldn't be.

Ahh yes remember that now.
I saw his first game back from injury and his kicking was absolute SHITE. but what can you expect. Because of the publicity and popularity of Cipriani he'll probably start the games as kicker but then switch depending on his play.

To be honest I think a French Jauzion/Fritz partnership could tear whatever you put at centre to peices and Cipriani will be in a wretched mood and miss everything and probably complain about everything that doesn't go his way becaus he didn't knock it on (cry cry) and the touchjudges are conspiring against him.

This 6 Nations is what I see as the battle of the back threes with Ireland, Wales, France showing alot of talent back there and Scotland and England could do depending on how well their teams are picked. Italy? Haven't a clue to be honest.

Italy were only put there, i assume, because it would have been an odd number :p
They dont DESERVE to be in the six nations But some of there forwards are okay.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sandman36 @ Jan 31 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Italy were only put there, i assume, because it would have been an odd number :p
They dont DESERVE to be in the six nations But some of there forwards are okay.[/b]

They doooo deserve to be there; Bergomasco, Borolami, Castrogiovani, Parisse, I think most 6 nations squads would be hapy to have them around.

and where else would they go? They can destroy any of the other teams in Europe. maybe Georgia can give them a challange maybe.

And they've beaten Scotland before.

The only reason other SN teams like them there is so that France,Ireland,England and Wales all get ATLEAST one win. And yes those players are good...doesn't mean they work Particularly well together though? the Italian team has never been brilliant and i don't think they stand much of a chance coming anywhere above 5th place this year. Unless suddenly Scotland become AMAZING and i mean AMAZING :) Lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sandman36 @ Jan 31 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They dont DESERVE to be in the six nations But some of there forwards are okay.[/b]

their results in the late 90s certainly merited a place in the tournament and they've proven that they belong in the tournament as far as I'm concerned.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 31 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sandman36 @ Jan 31 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

their results in the late 90s certainly merited a place in the tournament and they've proven that they belong in the tournament as far as I'm concerned.
[/b][/quote]

yup, when they first came in they used to get stuffed but now it's tighter. and they always get a win against scotland or wales, which no other non-6N team could do.

What are you on about sandman36? Do you even realise the 6N (not SN) was the 5N a decade or so ago. Italy were added to the tournament because the deserved it. They have been steadily improving, beating Wales twice (I think), along with Scotland once or twice. Last year they pushed most teams all the way (especially England who were very lucky not to loose), Wales cut loose in the second half, but were lucky to go into half time in the lead.

To be honest, every game in the 6 nations is one to look forward to, that's what makes it such a great tournament.

course they deserve to be here they have possibly the best pack in europe if only they had some decent backs theyd be looking at a top 3 finish

if Italy ahd half backs last year they would've put away a few more teams. A few good forwards? a brilliant pack. Parisse is just class espically last year. and they've got castro.................................................

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Jan 31 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
To be honest, every game in the 6 nations is one to look forward to, that's what makes it such a great tournament.[/b]
Agreed. I was surprised when Italy settled for a three point win over Scotland at the end of last year when they could have finished fifth if they'd won by 7+.
Shows that they'll settle for steady improvements - and a result! - rather than risking a loss.
I love watching all the sides, regardless of whether they're good or not, because an upset is on the cards no matter what the team is.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Jan 31 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
if Italy ahd half backs last year they would've put away a few more teams. A few good forwards? a brilliant pack. Parisse is just class espically last year. and they've got castro.................................................[/b]
Agreed. Their half backs were woeful last year and they were the cause of most of their problems. Parisse is just class personified and Castro is the best prop in the competition. With Marcato coming-of-age last year, we may see a revitalised Italy this year.
God, can't believe the competition is only a week away! :eek:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 31 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
course they deserve to be here they have possibly the best pack in europe if only they had some decent backs theyd be looking at a top 3 finish[/b]
Got to agree.Their backs last year were beyond a joke. Even worse than Englands.

Latest posts