• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who's the fastest player on Rugby 08

J

jawmalawm24

Not with speed rating because I think it doesn't matter with some players if you edit their ratings it doesn't change much.

On the game I think it's Bryan Habana especially if the cpu is chasing he somehow gets an extra speed boost.

I also noticed for some reason Richie McCaw & George Smith are pretty quick too, thou their speed ratings are in the high 70's I think they get a extra speed boost when chasing.

I edited Jason Robinson's speed & acceleration rating to 100 but still managed to get chased down by players like Shane Williams, Bryan Habana and a few others I just don't get it.

Japan's D Onohato pulls a 98 for speed and Fiji's R Buacaucauni pulls a 97.

Not sure if those are real player names or the license dodging pseudonyms EA employ in some instances in the game, my knowledge isn't wide enough.

D Onohato= D ohata
R Buacaucauni= R Caucaunibuca

Real players, messed up ea!

I've downloaded the newest roster, and I've noticed Tom Rees to be a lot, and I mean a lot faster than with the default roster.

Is it just me or the player stats have been modified?

I've downloaded the newest roster, and I've noticed Tom Rees to be a lot, and I mean a lot faster than with the default roster.

Is it just me or the player stats have been modified? [/b]

Naaaaahhh <_<

What I do to test out players speeds is kick it to the winger at the kickoff and switch to another player than see if the cpu can chase him. I always like trying to chase Habana because sometimes most players just can't get him or if they tackle they miss him in mid air.

I have managed to make a player that's about the same speed as Williams, Robinson etc. But giving them 100 speed, acceleration and agility just doesn't seem to make them that fast.

Does weight and height have anything to do with speed in the game?

I remember in rugby 2001, i edited 2 guys, one tall (2.1m) and one short (1.3m lol), both 100 in speed, yet the taller one was faster, longer stride length but same leg speed??

Well that's what i found

Yeah I found O'Driscoll's acceleration to be pretty quick too but another funny one I did was smoking Lote Tuqiri around the outside with Richie McCaw lol.

Also I think they made Geore Smith pretty quick for a flanker and I still remember in Rugby 05 getting a run away with Rico Gear who's a pretty quick winger just to be caught from behind from Joe Van Niekerk no.8 lol wtf.

yeah, but Mauro's very quick in real life. He easily slots in at centre or wing for Italy (and used to start a lot on the wing a few years ago), so it makes sense that they gave him good speed, and the option of sticking him on the wing.
B.Paulse has some serious pace on the game, since I couldn't find Chavhanga, I just stuck him there, and he kinda easily paced Mark Jones a few times when I played against SA.

I am making the 1987 world cup all black squad and im not actually sure what acceleration does on the 08 game. could someone give me a hand because I really need some help.

Fastest player in the game is me, no doubt about that!! Musnter's new star: O'Soto... I gave myself 99 in all skills... :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (allblacks4thecup @ Oct 23 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am making the 1987 world cup all black squad and im not actually sure what acceleration does on the 08 game. could someone give me a hand because I really need some help.[/b]
Surely it's just how quickly they reach their top speed?

I've found Miles Benjamin to be pretty nippy

I haven't played the default roster in ages but from what I remember players like Rupeni Caucaunibuca and Roger Randle just don't seem to be as fast as they use to be like when they were on Rugby06. Their ratings say different but you can just feel that they're not going very fast.

I'm gonna try test it out now don't know why I haven't thought of this before but I'll create a player and give him 100 speed but 0 acceleration and agility and see if he's any slower than a player with 100 speed, acceleration and agility. Be back with the results in like a few months lol.

edit:damnit forgot I restored my whole system and my disc is at my other house :( so might take a while.

Latest posts