• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who's the next All Blacks winger?

J

jawmalawm24

I just wanna know what everyones views are on who they think would make the cut for the November tours. My picks are in my signature.

1.Hosea Gear I think he should be next in line because he's already showed at all levels he can step up and has been in awesome form for the Wellington Lions, Wellington Hurricanes and Nz Maori. He's the Air New Zealand Cups leading try scorer so far this season and his finishing has been 2nd to none and his defence is pretty good too.

2.Lelia Masaga 2nd in line because he has shown in Air New Zealand Cup and especially Super14 level that he can cut it with the worlds best. He is a bit like Ma'a Nonu in that he has excellent offense but his defence can be a bit suspect at times.

3.David Smith because at Air New Zealand Cup level he's lethal thou he hasn't fired just yet at Super14 level he has the potential to be a future All Blacks and his defence is probably better than both Hosea's and Lelia's.

Yes Hosea is the number one winger running imo. But with Joe back it may a tad difficult for him. But he definitely should i reckon, ive always liked him when he first came into the seen a few years ago.

Kade Poki and Zac Guilford have been good for their respected provinces too but i think they need more S14 experience under their belt.

edit: You'd start any thread about Wellingtonian excellence huh lol

Yeah Hosea should def get his spot in the selection but as Candybum mentionned when Rok is fit again I hope the Trainingstaff will give him some games to play so he can bring some fya when the S14 starts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Sep 16 2008, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes Hosea is the number one winger running imo. But with Joe back it may a tad difficult for him. But he definitely should i reckon, ive always liked him when he first came into the seen a few years ago.

Kade Poki and Zac Guilford have been good for their respected provinces too but i think they need more S14 experience under their belt.

edit: You'd start any thread about Wellingtonian excellence huh lol[/b]
Yeah Roks is no doubt New Zealands no.1 winger when he's fit and can't nobody touch him when he gets his Rugby on.

Kade Poki and Zac Guilford are awesome young talent and they both showed their class with the Hurricanes, Crusaders and with the under 20's.

Damn I didn't think anyone would notice me starting anything about Wellingtons success I thought I was flying under the radar but you got me lol.

Guildford is more in the Doug Howlett mould except he's faster so he could prove to be a good foil to Rocokoko.

North Harbour (maybe? Perhaps it was Cantab.) have a fantastic winger that scored a couple of tries the other week.

The North Harbour winger would that be Anthony Tuitavake's brother Nafi or was it his opposite? I think the Cantab winger is Sean Maitland not sure what the other wingers name is because sometimes Scott Hamilton plays there or fullback.

Unfortunately Lelia Masaga hasn't really been firing but it doesn't help him playing in a team that's only had 2 wins this season. I wouldn't mind seeing David Smith a bit more because even on the losing end of a game he still goes hard and gives 110 percent and for a little fulla his defence isn't too bad.

Latest posts