• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who's Watching The Grand Final This Weekend?

riffian

Academy Player
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
England
The Super League is no doubt one of the most exciting sports in the world with its fast tempo and entertaining matches.
This weekends Grand Final will be no different, with St Helens taking on Wigan.

In my humble opinion, I think it will be St Helens who will win on Saturday, purely down to the way they have been playing these past 2 months. Wigan have been playing well, but I think St Helens just have the edge especially with players like Roby and Walmsley.

Anyway, check out the head to head stats below or here

1000-px-super-league-grand-final-2014-infographic.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to it. In true British style the comp is a little less open, what with only 4 teams winning it in the modern era since 1998 (compared to 10 different clubs winning the NRL over the same time frame), but the GFs tend to be pretty good watching. I'm genuinely surprised to see Saints haven't had the flag for a few years.

I would be, but I'm at bloody work :(

Hoping for a Saints win (because they knocked us out last week, and I prefer losing to the champs :p)

In the UK, this weekend, might do some pubstepping and enjoying the game.

That guy who got the red should also face Police action for assault. I have never seen a clearer case on a rugby field......utter disgrace.

Saints 2014.jpg

Don't give the animal the attention he deserves - CHAMPIONS! CHAMPIONS! CHAMPIONS!

Attachments

• _78160479_saints_trophy.jpg
    _78160479_saints_trophy.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 9
Plenty of debate about 'The Punch' on Twitter. Seems to have split a lot of opinion.

St Helens were very good tonight tonight. Wigan had their moments but couldn't do it with their 12 men.

I don't see what the debate is to be honest - the only debate maybe is that a red card isn't sufficient. Personally I think he needs the book throwing at him.

Red card and a good long ban. Saw it suggested that 8 games is what it might be in-line with SL rules.

I think what gets peoples backs up is when it's suggested that the police/lawers should get involved.
It's a contact sport and should be judged in the context of that - you can't just say "if he did that on the street, then..." because if it was on the street Hohaia would also be charged with assault.

Red card and a good long ban. Saw it suggested that 8 games is what it might be in-line with SL rules.

This could be a bit of a trend setter - I don't recall anyone doing something so cowardly in all the time I've watched the sport. But I have seen people saying that it wasn't a red - and that to me is an outrage.

Definitely a red - all day long. No debate unless you're an absolute moron.

I guess a lot of opinions will be divided between those that think Flower threw his second punch knowing that Hohaia was knocked out and those that don't.
I don't think he did, tbh.

I don't see what the debate is to be honest - the only debate maybe is that a red card isn't sufficient. Personally I think he needs the book throwing at him.

Make sure its a big book, to quote Blackadder "the big print version of the complete works of Charles Dickens"

I really hope there arent people defending that incident

Latest posts