• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Why can't British & Irish Lions and Barbarians play each other ?

They played before the Aus tour:

Scheduling thing, I imagine - the host countries would rather a midweek be played against one of their clubs/a barbarians-esque side of their choosing, and pre tour there's not a lot of room between club rugby ending and the international period starting

1977 at Twickenham, I was there

Lions XV:
Andy Irvine, Peter Squires, Steve Fenwick, Ian McGeechan, Gareth Evans, Phil Bennett, Dougie Morgan, Fran Cotton, Peter Wheeler, Graham Price, Bill Beaumont, Gordon Brown, Derick Quinnell, Willie Duggan, Tony Neary

Barbarians F.C:
JPR Williams, Gerald Davies, Ray Gravell, Charles Kent, Dave McKay, David Richards, Gareth Edwards, Barry Nelmes, Duncan Madsen, Mike Knill, Bob Wilkinson, G.A.D Wheel, Jean-Pierre Rives, Jean-Claude Skrela, Jean Pierre Bastiat

that has to be the ultimate sceptical match, very little riding on it

that has to be the ultimate sceptical match, very little riding on it
Assuming you mean spectacle, you might be right. EOYTs involving New Zealand are a big draw, but at least there is national pride / ranking points riding on them.

Assuming you mean spectacle, you might be right. EOYTs involving New Zealand are a big draw, but at least there is national pride / ranking points riding on them.

You may both be right, but it was a great game

For the 2013 match

I did mean spectacle, changed it twice, stupid autocorrect just didn't agree

Latest posts