• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Why North American play Football US?and not rugby?

Originally posted by Boltman+Feb 11 2006, 11:58 AM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 11 2006, 12:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 11 2006, 05:22 AM
First off, goddamnit, we won the olympics in 1920 & 1924. 

Second, Boltman, one world cup trophy in 20 years does not make a team dominant.  f*** the All Blacks.  Shame on you for supporting them.

Yeah, they always choke at WC time, but they are without a doubt the most consistent team in terms of match by match victories... and as I said they have but a fraction of the player pool and funding that England do, who seem only to be able to perform well in spurts. And then of course you have us Aussies :D, we to have roughly the same number of players as the kiwi's (so not many) and far less playing at the elite level, but we managed to get so successful that after winning our SECOND world cup (the only country to have more than one :p ) we went on to win every other trophy that we were contesting, on the way beating the British and Irish Lions (whom at the time were claimed to be the best squad in their history!). All this in a country in which rugby ranks 4th behind Cricket, AFL and Rugby League. Can you imagine how dammed freakish we'd be if we had no AFL or League?? :p
Only thing I know you Buggers for is Outback Steakhouse!!! :D

I did see a special on Current Channel (DirecTV here) CRNT on 366 Of all the social / Cultural problems you all are having between you guys (the local whites Aussies) and the hugely growing Muslin community, and the riots you rescently had over the few muslims that dared to get near the beach and pummeled some white locals.

Welcome to our World. :p [/b]
Hey! Leave that sort of talk for the politics thread :p .

Now, back to sport!
You do know that we came 4th in the Olympics behind the big guns of USA, China and Russia? Seriously, with only 20 million people (a 15th of your population) we kick arse in sport! Can you imagine how bloody unstoppable we'd be if we had your sort of numbers and money? I mean DAM! The Olympics would just be an event where we could show off how good we are (well I guess the commonwealth games are like that for us anyway :p )!

here we go again.

sanzar, will you please stop *****ing about pools of players and the like. you were squawking about this during the olympics.

yawn, yawn, cry me a river.

the uk sent over it's best hardened criminals to populate your "most deadliest reptiles in the world" island -- and you've done good, son. you've done really good.

:p

Originally posted by sanzy
Can you imagine how bloody unstoppable we'd be if we had your sort of numbers and money?

you're asking me to imagine quite a lot. :p

---
edit.

****, bolts, thanks for the offer. the one on vic is the one i usually go to, next time i'm there i'll drop you a line. bunny chow and castle lager - mmmmm good.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 11 2006, 12:12 PM-->
here we go again.

sanzar, will you please stop *****ing about pools of players and the like. you were squawking about this during the olympics.

[/b]
Hey! I'm just askin that we get a little recognition here dammit! and maybe a little :bana: while you're at it :D .

<!--QuoteBegin-cptA

the uk sent over it's best hardened criminals to populate your "most deadliest reptiles in the world" island -- and you've done good, son.  you've done really good.

hardened criminals? Most of em were sent here for stealing loafs of bread :blink: ... Mind you back then the poms used stale bread as currency.

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 11 2006, 01:20 PM-->
Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 11 2006, 12:12 PM
here we go again.

sanzar, will you please stop *****ing about pools of players and the like.  you were squawking about this during the olympics.

Hey! I'm just askin that we get a little recognition here dammit! and maybe a little :bana: while you're at it :D .

<!--QuoteBegin-cptA
the uk sent over it's best hardened criminals to populate your "most deadliest reptiles in the world" island -- and you've done good, son.  you've done really good.

hardened criminals? Most of em were sent here for stealing loafs of bread :blink: ... Mind you back then the poms used stale bread as currency.[/b]
most definitely you deserve recognition. i'll give you all the :bana: you want.

:bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: (four for 4th place).

i believe that it's inevitable the way athlete's train today, and the way coaches from all over the world are swapping around (some with noble interests, some for the filthy lucre) - we're going to get to point, possibly even at the next olympic games where more nations will be on a par, regardless of the number of players per nation or money.

usa has been top gun for awhile, and like most erections, it won't last.

in regards to history, some of them loaves were stale. hence, 'hardened'

gonna go hit my head now for making such a poor joke.

think i might be outta here - have a great weekend (you're already halfway into it, sanz).

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 11 2006, 01:12 PM
here we go again.

the uk sent over it's best hardened criminals to populate your "most deadliest reptiles in the world" island -- and you've done good, son. you've done really good.

Originally posted by sanzy
Can you imagine how bloody unstoppable we'd be if we had your sort of numbers and money?

you're asking me to imagine quite a lot. :p

---
edit.

****, bolts, thanks for the offer. the one on vic is the one i usually go to, next time i'm there i'll drop you a line. bunny chow and castle lager - mmmmm good.
:D

LMFAO!!

You are just too G D Much! hehe! My stomach hurts, I need sleep.

I think the US would be top 5, but to claim you would dominate is such a typical arogant yank thing to say.

So i guess u guys would dominate the world in baseball if it was popular in the USA......wait a minute..... it is popular in the US.... in fact from what i gather its the most popular sport ....and you guys far from dominate that sport ,most of the best players come from small third world countries like Cuba and Dominican Rep......and from what ive heard they would kick americas arse.( ..and on a side note Australia won the silver medal in the baseball at the last olympics and hardly anybody plays that shitty sport over here.)

Basketball is another one of your most popular sports and although its obvious that u have the best team ... your far from dominating in the International game, anyone remember the last world champs or olympics???????????

Another top 4 sport in the US is ice hockey and from what i gather the USA would struggle to make it into the medals of that sport.

More Americans play football(soccer) than any other sport in america(besides golf) and you guys are still yet to produce a world class player and your national team sux, So saying you would dominate the world in rugby if it was popular is almost as stupid as the average american, and thats not a dig at you CA i think your very intelligent , i just think that some of the claims on this thread are ridiculous.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Feb 11 2006, 10:07 PM
I think the US would be top 5, but to claim you would dominate is such a typical arogant yank thing to say.

So i guess u guys would dominate the world in baseball if it was popular in the USA......wait a minute..... it is popular in the US.... in fact from what i gather its the most popular sport ....and you guys far from dominate that sport ,most of the best players come from small third world countries like Cuba and Dominican Rep......and from what ive heard they would kick americas arse.( ..and on a side note Australia won the silver medal in the baseball at the last olympics and hardly anybody plays that shitty sport over here.)

Basketball is another one of your most popular sports and although its obvious that u have the best team ... your far from dominating in the International game, anyone remember the last world champs or olympics???????????

Another top 4 sport in the US is ice hockey and from what i gather the USA would struggle to make it into the medals of that sport.

More Americans play football(soccer) than any other sport in america(besides golf) and you guys are still yet to produce a world class player and your national team sux, So saying you would dominate the world in rugby if it was popular is almost as stupid as the average american, and thats not a dig at you CA i think your very intelligent edit: it is CA , i just think that some of the claims on this thread are ridiculous.
You are either Jealous or Ignorant or stupid, or actually all three.

You say arogant, yet it is you throwing around the personal insult's, is your skin too thin?

CA was spot on in his assesment, I was trying to say if Rugby put food on peoples plates, so to speak, and we took are toughest NFL guys and trained em' extensively. We would be a Rugby powerhouse.

Why do you think all our closest Latin Island neighbors (Dominicanos, Puerto Ricenos/Boriquas, Cubanos..etc) do so well? those countrys are third world ones that have nothing to offer for ones future, so they see our game, and the greats latinos that have played it in the past and made tons.

They all play it all their life on dirt and with sticks their whole life for that chance to make it here, the US and make millions Right?

As far as Basketball is concerened, yea, we are the best, guess what...the best tend to get laxxed or lazy when on top for so long. We slacked off and we put a team in their with a bunch of young immature high flyers, thats not what TEAM ball is about.

They could have taken ANY NBA team, kept them as the US team and we would of won. They are used to each other, they know how to play together. You'll see this summer, when they change it all up.

You keep saying how crap our sports are. As if I had a choice in deciding what sports took on here in the States.

:rolleyes:

As much as it's fun to come up with theories and all manner of crap. the truth is things aren't like that. If we took all the hockey players in Canada and got them playing rugby since the age of 4 then maybe I'd be visiting a hockey forum right now because I'm sick of the rugby atmosphere in this country, but guess what? I'm not. This is getting more and more ludicrous. Take your average NFL o-linesman, a person who essentially falls in the slightly above fat and useless category, train him for a rugby game, and he will have a heart attack. NFL players are different athletes, the sport is for fat people who are good at getting in the way, and even the quick guys might have trouble translating their quickness into good rugby. Nuff said.

okay, my little stained panties, you've caught me in a slightly hungover humour so i just might be something approximating honest (though i wouldn't swear on it).

canadian (america lite) rugby guy, it's not 'nuff said.'

it's 'nuff said' when i finish winding all you kaapstatdt faggots up. (thanks, rassie)

don't bite so hard into speculation, my dears.
even if it comes from a typical arrogant yank with a large fishing rod.
very bad for the teeth and tastes like a **** sandwich.

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 11 2006, 12:20 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-cptA

hardened criminals? Most of em were sent here for stealing loafs of bread :blink: ... Mind you back then the poms used stale bread as currency. [/b]
Yes I'll have to agree with capt here... on the deadliest reptiles in the world bit. And again I think the crims were hardened they were sent over on old dirty ships on an eight month voyage - yay!

Oh and they stole handkerchiefs as well.

Originally posted by Boltman@Feb 10 2006, 07:13 AM
Michael Pittman
Position: RB
Height: 6-0
Weight: 228
Born: 08/14/1975
College: Fresno State
NFL Experience: 8

Michael_Pittman.jpg
Um, is he a midget??? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jacko+Feb 12 2006, 08:48 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Boltman
@Feb 10 2006, 07:13 AM
Michael Pittman
Position: RB
Height: 6-0
Weight: 228
Born: 08/14/1975
College: Fresno State
NFL Experience: 8

Michael_Pittman.jpg
Um, is he a midget??? :rolleyes: [/b]
Did I not list his height? He is 6 Feet tall, or 1.82 M.

Whatever, I guess this subject is a sore one. I'm off of it.

Just got back from day one of the IRB / USA 7's was awesome, Samoa, N.Z., & Fiji all looked awesome, USA, Mexico & Uraguay looked shite.

Latest posts