• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wigan and Bradford under investigation

M

MightyQuin

From BBC Site:

Super League clubs Bradford and Wigan will be investigated by the RFL's independent judiciary panel for alleged breaches of the salary cap in 2005.
Clubs are permitted to spend no more than 50% of their income on players' wages, up to a maximum of £1.8m a year.

Meanwhile, Castleford, Hull, St Helens and Wakefield have been found guilty of minor breaches of the code.

Castleford and Wakefield were cautioned while Hull and St Helens were fined £5,000, some which has been suspended.

The judiciary panel will hear Wigan's case on Monday 7 August, while Bradford's will be stage at a later date.

Punishment can range from a fine to a deduction of six points depending on the size of the breach.
[/b]

Now wouldn't that be funny - just when Wigan are starting to drag themselves away from the relegation spot, they get six points deducted!!

Well, I'd laugh anyway!!!!! :D

OK, so only two points deducted and a £50k fine ... makes it interesting down there again, with only 4 points separating the bottom 6 teams with 5 games remaining.

They're going down. It's in the stars.

And they deserve it. As the Wigan fans might say themselves:

DRUM DRUM

DRUM DRUM

DRUM DRUM DRUM DRUM DRUM

CHEAT!

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Aug 11 2006, 04:32 PM
They're going down. It's in the stars.

And they deserve it. As the Wigan fans might say themselves:

DRUM DRUM

DRUM DRUM

DRUM DRUM DRUM DRUM DRUM

CHEAT!
Its still 2 times getting done for cheating for Saints and only once for Wigan.

So?

Your breach is significant enough to attract one hell of a fine. I'm not impressed we've gone over, and I'm less impressed that you have blatantly cheated.

Latest posts