• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wigan's new kit.

V

Vambo

3967294538464984764.jpg

I like the stripes, but it is quite bland and the the mecca bingo just kills it.

Mecca bingo? :lol:

Still, that's a hell of an improvbement to that shite they were running around in last season.

HA HA HA HA, Mecca Bingo. Stupid move.

1) Mecca don't even HAVE a bingo in Wigan!
2) Everyone in St Helens has started boycotting St Helens' mecca now!

All in all.... stupid move Mecca. You have halved your sales.

And credit where it's due... A rugby Shirt with a collar. Like they all should have.

I won't even mention the sponsor - just... Why? I was hoping for the new JJB logo - like Wigan Athletic have. That would have looked quite good.

As for the design, it's barely an improvement upon last season's - that looked weird because it was half striped and half plain white, this one does at least have evenly spread stripes, but it looks white and cherry rather than cherry and white, if you know what I mean.

I wish it was the 90s again. Those were bloody tidy kits (not to mention our team):

TOD_2_3_robinson_tuigamala_200x200.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 27 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I wish it was the 90s again. Those were bloody tidy kits (not to mention our team):[/b]

I give you the following 90's horrors! I still have mine :blush:

kit6.JPG

kit35.jpg

I actually like the new shirts... far better than last seasons.

They will never top this one though:

kit3.JPG

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 27 2009, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
HA HA HA HA, Mecca Bingo. Stupid move.

1) Mecca don't even HAVE a bingo in Wigan!
2) Everyone in St Helens has started boycotting St Helens' mecca now!

All in all.... stupid move Mecca. You have halved your sales.[/b]

Amittedly not the greatest sponser in the world but at least the Wigan lads won't have to dress like ***** in 2009 unlike...

kit567_edited.JPG

:p

Not gone one on one with the away shirt yet but I have the home one, I think its our smartest since 2002.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 28 2009, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not gone one on one with the away shirt yet but I have the home one, I think its our smartest since 2002.[/b]

Come on! That V just looks ludicrous...

Problem with v-type league shirts is that there is only so much you can do with a V.

On the mecca bingo front, how many blue rinses will mistakenly wonder into the JJB on a matchday now?

It'll double their attendance! :lol:

And I still ain't keen on the St. Helens home kit. The away shirt looks good, but not the home. Just ain't used to it yet.

Latest posts