• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wilkinson close to Toulon deal; Haskell committed to Stade Francais switch

C

Cymro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Toulon's incoming director of rugby Philippe Saint-Andre is hopeful that the prolonged courtship of Jonny Wilkinson will be concluded by the end of April.

Saint-Andre has confirmed that negotiations with the England fly-half remain ongoing, and that a deal could be sealed if and when Toulon guarantee their Top 14 survival.

Elsewhere, James Haskell's agent has rubbished rumours that the London Wasps flanker is set to snub Stade Francais over fears for his international future.

It was widely reported in the British press earlier this week that Haskell, 24, had got cold feet over his proposed move to the Paris club and was now seeking to join Bath instead.

But his agent Anthony Noguera told The Daily Telegraph that Haskell had no such plans and that his international career would be unaffected by his move across the Channel.

Fellow Top 14 outfit Biarritz have also confirmed they will have another English international on the books their season with news that Leicester's Ayoola Erinie will be joining in the summer.

Midi Olympique reported that the 29-year-old former Wasps centre has signed a two-year deal with the French club. The paper also said that Australian international Mark Gerrard, 26, has joined on a two-year contract.[/b]

http://frenchrugbyclub.com/Top-14/Top-14-T...lko-000386.html

Heard he was spotted in Cardiff this week aswel, although I dont read much into that. He will be very costly and he surely is constantly carrying an injury?

Must be a slow news day - The press are listening to Haskell and his agent again.

They're also talking to Bath Coach Steve Meehan who, in the tradition of all good Australians, continues to express his bafflement that Rugby Union isn't Rugby League or Aussie Rules...

"They're saying Haskell wants plays at what? Flanker?!" *Whistles to himself and sighs in confusion* "Can't say I've ever heard of that position before, cobber.."

If Haskell's international career is curtailed by his switch to Stade I'm going on a murderous rampage.

DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING!

That's alot of murderous rampages your threatening there dundeesmiffy (well ok 2 that I've seen). Got some agression you need to unleash?

Latest posts