• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wilkinson or Patterson?

in my opinion wilkinson is more of a defensive player while Patterson is a offensive player, very hard to compare those two, both are very talented players.

Wilkinson will start to lose some of his skill from age, comparing Wilkinson now and 4 years ago, you'll see a big difference. And this is why i think Patters is a better player.

Great kicking percentage for Patterson this World Cup (100%). Johnny's was 62.5% before the France game i think but i doubt Patterson could drag the England team to the final on his own back

<div class='quotemain'>

...and as for NZ game, Parks is our best tactical kicker!

[/b]

Which means something is seriously wrong with Scottish Rugby.
[/b][/quote]

Last year i would have agreed with you and maybe even part of this year! Parks wasn't at his best and he certainly wasn't as mature as he should of been! But he has improved greatly over the Summer at the Scotland Training Camp and proved it at the World Cup! Just look at that half-way line kick against Agentina! I cant wait until he is out playing in a Warriors shirt on Friday nights!

As for the Wilkinson - Paterson debate! I would say Paterson would have the advantage but anything happens! Paterson was 100% but Johnny lifted his team when he came back! Nothing that you havnt said before but they are both good players, its too hard to make a clear difference between the two of them!

So, in other words Wilkinson takes on an overly difficult kicks, misses and throws a chance away. Patterson gains teritory and creates a scoring opportunity.

Again, who's the better player? [/b]

I'd have to agree here. You have to look at the big picture - it's not just about kicking accuracy. It is about what leads to scoring and ultimately wins the match.

Pattersons greatest trick is convincing the rugby world that he actually does something

with every 2 steps forward, he eventually takes 3 steps back

Who is the best kicker in RWC? John Wilkinson or Chris Patterson?
[/b]

Perhaps the answer to your first question isn't necessarily either JW or CP. Percy must be up their with them.

Wilikinson is or was a much better kicker throughout his career than Patterson. Also Wilkinson is more strongly built and is someone who you'd much rather want in your team in a tight finish. Despite, Paterson's percentage in this world cup I'd still have Wilko

If i had to choose a player to have although Wilkinson gives confidence Paterson just doesnt seem to miss. Its difficult because Paterson plays wing and Wilko is fly half, ebven though the both kick

I DONT KNOW WHY ALL YOU GUYS AE SO TROUBLED WITH PICKING THE BETTER GUY - ITS WLKO ALL THE WAY NO DOUBT

Latest posts