• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Will Aironi win a game this Magners League season?

LittleGuy

First XV
Country Flag
Canada
While their other Italian compatriots at Benneton Treviso have been pretty competitive in their inaugural season, Aironi's has been a brutal experience no wins and only four losing bonus points so far with a point differential of over -200 points. They do have a one point win at home against Biarritz in the Heineken cup it must be said but thats a pretty shock result.

I am going to predict that they will beat Connacht at home on March 26th but other then that things look pretty bleak, beating even Glasgow or Newport would be a surprise.

Making some transfers could help things but the depth of Italian talent is more limited then that of Wales, Ireland and even Scotland while the limited overseas spots can only help so much.

I don't think Arioni will win anything this year, they are not a bad side but there is not enough class there to win them games. Saying that they could easily cause a shock tho.

Short answer ... no, but they have the potential if a team are playing bad to pull off a shock but highly unlikely.

If you look at there squad it is a solid Italian one. Some imports who will help the younger members get better. I can't see them winning any away matchs, but maybe a few at home against the 'weaker teams'. In saying that who would have expected Treviso to be doing as well as they are in the league?

I hope they do win a game*

*As long as it is not against a Scottish side :p

Latest posts