• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Will Dylan Hartley ever learn?

Well that makes two of us, thank you for starting to read instead of just writing.
All the best,
Eddie Jones.

Not sure about that. If Hartley is to be replaced I think it needs to be someone who'll take us through to the next RWC. Jones may also want someone to continue setting a spiky aggressive tone who is also experienced and sure of his shirt. Only Farrell fits the bill. He has the added pressure of being goal kicker and (at the moment) playing out of position, but I reckon he's tough and respected enough for the job.
Farrell doesn't fit the bill as he's not a forward in my book and it's the no. 1 thing on my list for the captain.

Which IMO leaves Cole (nope), Itoje (too young), B Vunipola (for some reason I don't think they'd pick him), Robshaw (won't get it back). Jones really praises the Hask, it may sound like madness until you start looking at the options.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that makes two of us, thank you for starting to read instead of just writing.
All the best,
Eddie Jones.
Ah yes sorry you have a direct line to what Eddie Jones is thinking. Nobody here is agreeing with you though.

I was thinking about Hask. Has done well for Wasps. Abrasive, hard working with a good track record. More of a guaranteed first choice than Hartley would be if he didn't have the armband.

Only issue is if he can last to 2019 without significant time off for injury.

Lol, it's about the standard of his rhetoric - either wilfully or though inability miscomprehend posts so that he "wins the point". If that doesn't work, ignore them and resort to playground style insults.

I won't be worrying too much about the opinion of someone who thinks that Dylan Hartley is a good ball carrier and behaves like a spoiled 12 year old when somebody has the audacity to disagree with him.

Take it up with Eddie Jones you loser

I still think honestly we are looking at an interim until Itoje if he continues on his trajectory comes of age.

Ah yes sorry you have a direct line to what Eddie Jones is thinking. Nobody here is agreeing with you though.

That doesn't make me or Eddie wrong.
Silverware and a record 3 nil whitewash followed by a hugely successful AI series, read it and weep.
All of which followed the worst ever, ever performance by an English team, ever.
It's been mercurial and although it obviously hasn't been down to any single player, or even the coach, Hartley has been a talisman as captain of England this year in a way that Robshaw could never be... he has led by example with mad Dog passion and perhaps now that England are out of the woods and restored to a lofty position in World rugby in no small way through the efforts of Dylan Hartley, perhaps now those English fans who don't like Hartley, because he's not English, are bringing their small knives out to try to oust him by foul means whilst maintaining that he has been hoisted by his own petard.
mad dogs and Englishmen were, I was led to believe, akin to each other, at least in the midday sun, but after dark the weasels and the gutless and back stabbers come out in their internet armour and stab at the object that gave them back their pride and passion over the last 12 months.
You disgust me with your barely veiled xenophobia.
I scorn you and send out a rally call to those who are capable of remembering where England were 12 months ago and who led them away from being the absolute laughing stock of world rugby, to the position of respect they now hail from.

Xenophobia? Me? :lol:

Mind you you are the guy who thought Burgess was a brilliant center.

Jones has done a brilliant job but Hartley is not one of those reasons for our record over the past year. In fact if you read this thread you'd know we have better options at Hooker. Which is why the knives are out unlike center it's position we have to do with just good enough. If it was Xenophobia why do you think we all want Vunipola to do well?

Why do you even care?

Hartley was touted as a captain that wouldn't back down. Most of us howled that such qualities were being muddled with his taste for what looks like a ruckus outside Yates' of a Friday night.

He managed to avoid putting the boot into a defenceless opponent for 10 months and made mostly the right decisions while being less irritating to the ref than Stephen Moore in 4 matches.

Now he's reverted to type by putting the boot in, while still failing to find form anywhere close to the best hooker in England - or the second best, who has a seven year "handicap" compared to him - or the third best, whose scrumaging needs work but offers more in literally every other aspect.

We have more than enough enforcers now - and George can play that role just fine - without needing an adequate second choice club player to restrain his baser instincts to hold on to the captaincy.

Ha, the xenophobes are out already.
Didn't even have to put the bait out. Who's have believed it.
It's your world boys, gather round the Ukip flag and brush off the stripey blazers. Another rousing round of Jerusalem and a hip flask of Armagnac.
Love you, mean it.

Better than the idiot water you've been mainlining sine your mental rant. You do know about reffing but you haven't got a clue about how important Hartley has been for England this year under Eddie Jones. When it comes to knowing about the importance of certain players as Talisman, leaders and hard men you are the Dumb-biscuit.

Post reported for personal insults. Attack the argument not the arguer!!!

BTW, I used to play loosehead prop in Senior and Senior Reserve Club rugby, so I know more about the game, and in particular, scrummaging and forward play, than you realise.

Typical soggy biscuit, you pull out some sh*t remark about English kool aid and you can't take it when your garbage argument gets whalloped out of the park.
You're a disgrace to flag soggy.

Take it up with Eddie Jones you loser

Ha, the xenophobes are out already.
Didn't even have to put the bait out. Who's have believed it.
It's your world boys, gather round the Ukip flag and brush off the stripey blazers. Another rousing round of Jerusalem and a hip flask of Armagnac.
Love you, mean it.

Let's go for a beer and talk this over, you loony

He can't answer for now.

Back to whatever the topic was before this.

*scratches beard* Tbh, Saints are the really big losers in this. I think they've shown an amazing amount of loyalty to him all things considered.

Yup just about all his actions have been on club duty rather than national. I also struggle to think of when a ban has really effected his ability to play for country when he's really been in the frame. I'm surprised they haven't tossed him to a lesser club and tried to find a better Hooker.

He can't answer for now.

Back to whatever the topic was before this.

*scratches beard* Tbh, Saints are the really big losers in this. I think they've shown an amazing amount of loyalty to him all things considered.

Wait, you have a beard? My mental image of Peat didn't have a beard. I think Saints really need to look at the philosophy in the club, they are getting a reputation for having some very dirty players. Clark and Hartley in the same team? Actually is there a stat anywhere of the total cards and suspensions received by a club as a whole?

Wait, you have a beard? My mental image of Peat didn't have a beard. I think Saints really need to look at the philosophy in the club, they are getting a reputation for having some very dirty players. Clark and Hartley in the same team? Actually is there a stat anywhere of the total cards and suspensions received by a club as a whole?

If Stat Bunker, can be believed, Northampton are mid table thus far this AP season, Sale are leading the way with 0.7 yellows per match, Bath are polishing their halos with 0.1, which is a massive turnaround from last season when they topped the table with 0.77 and one red. Northampton were 8th last season with 0.32 per season. I'd take them with a pinch of salt though, they don't look quite right to me.

What was/is your mental image of me? And yes, I am bearded. Well, for the time being.

Latest posts