• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Will Dylan Hartley ever learn?

Considering his history, he got off easy. If he had been a first time offender, that might have been ok, but with so many incidents in recent time, I find it too mild.

Thuggery is a stupid toffs term for something that involves something on the edge that armchair warriors need to bang on about . Bloody games gone ****ing soft

It could be an excellent bit of playing time management from the player. Has had a long and punishing 2016. Now gets a useful 6 week rest and recuperation period going into the 6 nations and a Lions Summer tour.

It could be an excellent bit of playing time management from the player. Has had a long and punishing 2016. Now gets a useful 6 week rest and recuperation period going into the 6 nations and a Lions Summer tour.

Sarcasm, served on a platter of irony, with tongue firmly planted in cheek....

Delicious!

Gatland said it doesn't rule him out of the lions and doesn't rule him out of the lions captaincy.
Can't wait for the delicious tears when he leads the lions to a series win in NZ.

Yeah, four wins in eighty years must really grate.

But, for a series win (the first in more than 45 years) you first have to actually win, not something I will be putting money on.

You are full of hope and dreams, but reality will kick in when half your starters are carrying serious injuries thanks to a bunch of Super series teams keen to show just how good SH competition is.

Dont you remember what happened in 2005 to your 'dream team' with Saint Woodward at the helm and the Angel Johnny?

I think we've improved a lot as a team since then.

Yeah, four wins in eighty years must really grate.

But, for a series win (the first in more than 45 years) you first have to actually win, not something I will be putting money on.

You are full of hope and dreams, but reality will kick in when half your starters are carrying serious injuries thanks to a bunch of Super series teams keen to show just how good SH competition is.

Dont you remember what happened in 2005 to your 'dream team' with Saint Woodward at the helm and the Angel Johnny?

I think we've improved a lot as a team since then.

How good or how dirty?

He's probably right though. There'll be lots of 'dominant tackles' in the preamble.

Beacon Rugby Academy, East Sussex, then Worcester Warriors, wasn't it?

I'm not aware of him having played for any of those sides. I was referring of course to King Country.

Funnily enough, Dylan Hartley played for those sides. You might want to read the whole thread properly before necrobumping.

Last edited:
A few points that I'd like to make having read the previous posts ......

1) There's a huge difference between playing hard and being a thug
2) There are no cowards playing International rugby. Nobody is scared or intimidated by the threat of violence
3) The only thing players are scared of, is being beaten or embarrassed by superior talent
4) Although, as someone who's followed the game for over 40 years, I miss the "biff" from the amateur days, those days are long gone, and in the modern era there is no place for violence
5) The occasional punch when provoked is understandable; eye gouging and biting are the actions of lowlife scum
6) Hartley needs to grow up, and start behaving life a responsible professional athlete

I'm not aware of him having played for any of those sides.

Nonetheless, he did play for them.

Beacon Community College 2002-2003
Worcester Warriors 2004-2005

I was referring of course to King Country.

He never played for King Country nor any team based there. He played for Rotorua Boys High School (which is in Bay of Plenty)

From all accounts, he was a clean player at school. He learned his "trade" (as you call it) playing in England as an adult

I'm not aware of him having played for any of those sides. I was referring of course to King Country.

Funnily enough, Dylan Hartley played for those sides. You might want to read the whole thread properly before necrobumping.

Hartley played for King Country? As a fifteen year old? Your question was in response to a question about Hartley. If you can't keep linear discussions linear, don't blame those trying to follow your meandering.

Maybe knock off the crack pipe for a week or so...

- - - Updated - - -

You sound terrified

Of what? The Lions? Nah.

Last edited:
Hartley played for King Country? As a fifteen year old? Your question was in response to a question about Hartley. If you can't keep linear discussions linear, don't blame those trying to follow your meandering.

Maybe knock off the crack pipe for a week or so...

No it wasn't. Read post #6, inwardly digest, appreciate context, understand and last but not least, STOP NECROBUMPING!

- - - Updated - - -

He never played for King Country nor any team based there.

Who said he (Hartley) did? FYI, he never played for Old Rottinghamians Extra 'B' XV, but this is equally irrelevant.

Wow guys, way to go having such an interesting discussion. You both must be thrilling at a dinner party lol

Wow guys, way to go having such an interesting discussion. You both must be thrilling at a dinner party lol

I don't about interesting, but amusing enough for some +rep!

Next time someone necrobumps a thread in order to take your comments out of context then tells you to put down the crack pipe because you point out their error, I look forward to you rising above it! Luckily dinner parties tend to happen in real time, so don't rely on someone remembering month old posts or reading six pages of discussion in order to make a contribution that makes sense.

I don't about interesting, but amusing enough for some +rep!

Next time someone necrobumps a thread in order to take your comments out of context then tells you to put down the crack pipe because you point out their error, I look forward to you rising above it! Luckily dinner parties tend to happen in real time, so don't rely on someone remembering month old posts or reading six pages of discussion in order to make a contribution that makes sense.

I think my Mrs at a dinner party would be able to bring up anything I said 6 months ago ha ha

Liking the Art of Coarse Rugby reference.

They're my stock random team for exactly that reason. Not sure if it's a good idea to reread it or not, I had it for Christmas as a rugby mad kid many moons ago, I don't know if it's best to stick with the happy memories or whether I'd enjoy it just as much now.

They're my stock random team for exactly that reason. Not sure if it's a good idea to reread it or not, I had it for Christmas as a rugby mad kid many moons ago, I don't know if it's best to stick with the happy memories or whether I'd enjoy it just as much now.

I forget when I first read it, but I brought myself a new copy not that long ago and think its still hilarious.

Latest posts