• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Will the All Blacks be in the game ?

eatz

Academy Player
Country Flag
Cook Islands
Club or Nation
Blues
sorry if this seems stupid but since Rugby Challenge has Exclusive rights to the teams they have at the moment ( being the ITM cup teams and New Zealand ) it seems we wont be having any of them in Rugby 2012 ? :( :( is this right or ???

You know for a fact that they're exclusive, are they?

apologies if im wrong but Mario stats in the link above "More licensing details will be announced over time, but those licenses that have been announced have been secured exclusively to Rugby Challenge. " so with the anouncement of the All Blacks and ITM already been anounced in Rugby Challenge, I think it's right to spectulate that Rugby 2012 will not have The All Blacks? Sorry if im wrong tho..

Yet again a mod jumps on a perfectly reasonable question, and guess what - the OP was right!

Definitely a big blow to HB IMO.

Not the same with International teams I presume :/
Or I hope anyway

Surely this works exactly like it does with Fifa/Pro Evo. Rugby Challenge may have the naming rights to the ITM Cup and the All Blacks, but it doesn't stop HB from including them with slightly different names. I highly doubt anyone would make a rugby game without NZ in it!

They will be in it but at the start they will be called New Zealand rather than the all blacks.

However seeing as this game has ties with TRF i'm sure mods and patches can be made by those here for the game. Remember that this is mod central for the rugby games

Surely this works exactly like it does with Fifa/Pro Evo. Rugby Challenge may have the naming rights to the ITM Cup and the All Blacks, but it doesn't stop HB from including them with slightly different names. I highly doubt anyone would make a rugby game without NZ in it!

Absolutely, there will be a "New Zealand," it just might be captained by Ronald McCrow.

They will be in it but at the start they will be called New Zealand rather than the all blacks.

However seeing as this game has ties with TRF i'm sure mods and patches can be made by those here for the game. Remember that this is mod central for the rugby games

If you get the Game on xbox 360 will you have to geat a chip installed ?

if the gameplay is good i dont mind playing with players like sonny will billiams and dan charter

This whole Licences Thing could really turn out to be world war 3 It will be intresting to see who gets what, and could HB still buy The new zeland super rugby teams ?

if the gameplay is good i dont mind playing with players like sonny will billiams and dan charter
I think most of us here feel the same way.

This whole Licences Thing could really turn out to be world war 3 It will be intresting to see who gets what, and could HB still buy The new zeland super rugby teams ?
Dunno, I guess it's possible. After-all, Final Fantasy XIII was a PS3 exclusive...

Edit -
If you get the Game on xbox 360 will you have to geat a chip installed ?
Not for roster editing, HB could implement a file-sharing feature, or people will perform computer magics with their hard drives. Chips are traditionally for playing imports and pirate copies, but I'm not sure if they still are.

Last edited:
Well seeing as TRF and HB are linked I thought that they would maybe do downloadable content on Xbox live or PSN.

If they dont do downloadable content then I'm not sure what the procedure is to get mods downloaded onto the 360, can you do it on a USB flash drive?

I don't mind playing as Dan Charter and Gosea Hear but I would like to be able to edit them, if the likenesses are good and the gameplay is good then if you have an edit mode then the licenses are not as important any more

I really hope NZ are in it, what would a rugby game be without them?

well this is gonna be an interesting couple of months. More info with licences will be released so this will look like its gonna be a 1 game has 1 league and 1 game has another. So Rugby challenge has NZ exclusiveness, does that mean the player likenesses too or just names (i'm sure PES has likenesses right with some but then names are messed up). How "concrete" is licensing, cause in World championship rugby Wales had player licensing but no Kit licensing.... anyones rekon it'll be similar with these two ***les??

Well, if they don't have rights to the All Blacks (or any other team for that matter) they just need to give us the option to edit player names... in 10 minutes you'll have the All Blacks, so it's really gonna come down to which game looks better and has the better gameplay

Latest posts