• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Will we know our six playoff teams after this week? Probably Five... Guinness Pro 14 - R.17

Can't believe we squandered that .Heroic defence to be fair :(

I thought you had to touch the ball with your hands for a knock on

Meh. I'll take the draw, we have a far easier run in. Should have got more out of the two Scarlets games, underperforming without our internationals.

Beirne was magnificent again gonna be sorely missed. On the balance I thought we edged it but happy to take the draw at the death there .

Why on earth did the Scarlets settle for a draw rather than gamble on the win? A real brainfart in my opinion. Perhaps Pivac hadn't discussed the scenario but their best case scenario now is pretty much an away trip to Glasgow in a semi-final. I'd have been taking any possible risk to avoid that.

Why on earth did the Scarlets settle for a draw rather than gamble on the win? A real brainfart in my opinion. Perhaps Pivac hadn't discussed the scenario but their best case scenario now is pretty much an away trip to Glasgow in a semi-final. I'd have been taking any possible risk to avoid that.
We have a tough runnin that's why and we need every point we can get , pivac has settled on second and that's fair enough at this stage.

On another day we would of run in a comfortable win , but ball was slippery in the conditions I felt it was the right option to take the draw

Dire game. Such a shame that the two best teams in the league meet without their top players for the second time in quick succession.

Very ballsy kick from dan jones as well considering the easy ones he missed earlier

Dire game. Such a shame that the two best teams in the league meet without their top players for the second time in quick succession.
Ah well the weather didn't contribute. It is a shame because I think we are on parity , I expected Leinster to be favourites to close out a messy wet game but it shows our tenacity to be able to snatch a draw at the death which could of been a win on a different day, as I say on the balance of play we deserved the win .

It was a 50:50 game I think. Scarlets had their chances with the missed penalties and near tries for Williams and Varndell. Leinster too had chances being unlucky with the charge down non-try near the end and wasting two 5 metre lineouts. A draw is an unsatisfactory result but probably fair.

It was a 50:50 game I think. Scarlets had their chances with the missed penalties and near tries for Williams and Varndell. Leinster too had chances being unlucky with the charge down non-try near the end and wasting two 5 metre lineouts. A draw is an unsatisfactory result but probably fair.
yeah as I said id take the draw in the end no complaints...,be interesting to see what happens when we both at full strength I think we are by and large the 2 best teams in the pro 14 currently.

A draw is a fair result. Neither team really deserved to win. I thought we got on the wrong side of some of some of Nigel's reffing but at the end of the day we're three points clear with a much easier run in. Scarlets should probably have gone for the win because I can't see us botching the conference now.

Tonight:

Edinburgh vs Mumha
Blues vs Benetton

Get your rescheduled terrestrial Pro14 while it lasts! Both games in this new fangled language they call English.

PS - where the heck are highlights of Cheetahs vs Connacht and the Kings' maiden victory?

Pro14 games during the 6 Nations are a damp squib. During the final weekend of the 6 Nations is even worse.

Would cutting the league by another 5 games to a 16 game season hurt? For Irish provinces, play each other home and away (6 games) and everyone else home or away (10 games). Helps with player welfare, decreases costs due to smaller squad sizes, boosts the strength of teams on every matchday due to less rotation and boost the domestic All Ireland League, Welsh Premiership etc too. Perhaps have a cup competition during the November and 6 Nations test windows to give fringe squad members a shot since the B&I Cup is dead in the water.

All thing considered Munster are putting out a really strong side for tonight.

Munster

15. Simon Zebo
14. Darren Sweetnam
13. Sammy Arnold
12. Rory Scannell
11. Alex Wootton
10. JJ Hanrahan
9. James Hart

1. James Cronin
2. Mike Sherry
3. Stephen Archer
4. Jean Kleyn
5. Billy Holland (captain)
6. Jack O'Donoghue
7. Conor Oliver
8. Robin Copeland.

Replacements:

16. Kevin O'Byrne
17. Dave Kilcoyne
18. Brian Scott
19. Darren O'Shea
20. Tommy O'Donnell
21. Jack Stafford
22. Bill Johnston
23. Dan Goggin.

Great centres, great back, top notch back three. Half backs are two men playing for a rare shot with this side. Hart played well last time he started and should really look to overtake Williams or he'll be passed over quickly for Stafford or Poland. Hanrahan has just been abject, but with a pack that should give him time and hopefully a more consistently passing nine he might be able to turn it around a bit.

Latest posts