• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wimbledon

Rich Taff

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Cardiff
Anyone have 'favourites'? I can't personally watch the womens game with the sound on any more, but the mens tournament is looking really interesting. Mainly due to the 'wtf'edness of the draw.

For Murray to win it, he may have to go through the toughest last three rounds of all time.

Nadal-Federer-Djokovic.

How the hell has that seeding worked out?

For the women's matches, I turn the sound up and the vision right down..........

I'm really a big fan of Nadal and Djokovic is a great winner.

One guy I'm not entirely impressed with is Andy Murray, often comes across as sour or self-entitled.

Wawrinka is a good guy as well.

Anyone have 'favourites'? I can't personally watch the womens game with the sound on any more, but the mens tournament is looking really interesting. Mainly due to the 'wtf'edness of the draw.

For Murray to win it, he may have to go through the toughest last three rounds of all time.

Nadal-Federer-Djokovic.

How the hell has that seeding worked out?

Add in Tsonga in that too. I like Andy though and hope he can win it. He's a good competitor who will have it tougher than the rest as he's the home hope.

For me though Djokovic is a machine. He's hard to beat and if he's in the groove he will win. Becker in his corner too seems to be going well.

Was a good match. From the first game in the first set you could tell Brown was going to be a different challenge. He never let Nadal settle in, kept him running into the net with drop shots.

Federer was good, that lob from between his legs was a stunning shot. He and Murray barely needed 3rd gear to get through. Also happy to see Jamie Ward through, good to see a few more Brits making a decent fist of things.

Didn't realise Brown had already beaten Nadal in their last meeting on grass. He's unorthodox to say the least, was a cracking match.
Nadal used to outdo people with his extreme fitness and power, never giving up on points. However, I think that fitness levels have now increased across the board since Novak 'I only eat grass and small pebbles', and Andy 'I used to be scrawny, but now I'm a bit more powerful' have pulled a 'Wenger' and redefined the requirements for 1st class Tennis players.
I think Federer is still the most naturally gifted of the big 4, and on grass he's still superb. Going to be very interesting to see how this plays out.
As for the womens game, great to see Heather Watson get through. It's nice to watch a game without having to turn the sound off on the tv.

Rafa going out was not as big a shock this year; he's now gone out the last 4 years to someone ranked outside the top 100. 2015 will be his annus horribilis, like 2013 was for Roger and 2014 for Andy.

For me head says Novak will bounce back and win this year, but heart would love Roger to win an 8th, but I think a few things will have to go his way to do win it. I don't doubt his serving, but his return game is not what it was at his very peak, when he could break at will. Andy, of course, looks very good and looks a dead cert now to get to the semis.

Dark horse: Nick Krygios has the nerve and serve to go all the way.

Women's: Just hope it's not Serena. Getting too close to Steffi's haul of 22 Slams.

Heather Watson had a great match.

Can't stand Kyrgios this year ATM hell of a player but such a brat.

Heather had a brilliant match and even the very gracious winner said that she should have won from 3 up in the final set! If she can sort out her first serve and stay fit, she could do really well!!

Kyrgios.......sport is short of characters and he is one! We need people like him to show sport can be fun! I like John Newcombe's take on him and his comparison to Agassi who was the bad boy of tennis at the same age but is now revered!!!

Agree with Tony, tennis needs characters like Krygios. I like his game as well as he really goes for winners. One criticism of the big 4 is that they are bit too nice and with each other, even though it's well known in tennis circles that Federer can't stand Djokovic.

Christ those 6 or so Australians supporting kyrgios are annoying as hell.

Eric Cantona is a character, George Gregan is a character, James Hunt is a character, John Daley is a character.

Kyrgios is just a c*nt.

Kyrgios constantly looked like he was going to drop the bombest track of 2015. Never happened 'doe

Latest posts