• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wimbledon

I love that Kyrgios has come out and said he doesn't even like Tennis and would rather watch the NBA. One of the guys on Foxsports the other day was saying he went to his house for an interview when he first broke into the scene and that his room was covered in Lebron James posters - maybe that's who he models himself on? Would explain why he was such a d##k

Actually he did NOT say he did not like tennis! He actually said that if there were a choice between watching basketball or tennis he would watch the former as he does not like WATCHiNG tennis!!!

His behaviour yesterday was trite and am sure, like all children, he found himself in a corner and did not know how to get out of it! So he behaved even worse!!

He will be a great player and, once he gains maturity, will behave with more respect. Like McEnroe who was just the same but is still feisty but respectfully so!!

We all want characters but they do not happen overnight.......give him a break!

Actually he did NOT say he did not like tennis! He actually said that if there were a choice between watching basketball or tennis he would watch the former as he does not like WATCHiNG tennis!!!

His behaviour yesterday was trite and am sure, like all children, he found himself in a corner and did not know how to get out of it! So he behaved even worse!!

He will be a great player and, once he gains maturity, will behave with more respect. Like McEnroe who was just the same but is still feisty but respectfully so!!

How can you ask to give someone a break after that performance?

If we "gave everyone a break" who acted like a complete donkey, the human race would have imploded millenniums ago.

Nick Cummins is a character, Kygrios is just a douchbag who loves himself just a little too much.

What the general Aussie view to his Wimbledon?

The general consensus seems to be "w@nker". People wanted to like him, but he's just too much of a prat to too many people. It's gotten to the point where his mum has come out and pleaded with the media to "leave her boy alone"

Well that's Djokovic into the final then. But against who? Murray or Federer.

Serving masterclass from Federer and Murray did not play that badly. One of the best grand slam performances I've seen from Roger. Hope he can get his eighth on Sunday. The final should be a classic.

It'd be great if Federer could win one more Wimbledon, especially against the current #1.

He's looked like he's 26 again.

It'd be great if Federer could win one more Wimbledon, especially against the current #1.

He's looked like he's 26 again.

I agree with all that! As soon as McEnroe said that Federer would be worn down, I felt that "you are wrong John, so wrong"!!!

This is like Palmer against Nicklaus in golf where the fans supported the older while the heir apparent just kept winning to their disappointment!!

Federer is, to my mind, the smoothest player ever yet he would appear to have a very worthy successor who is also class personified!

Final......heart is for a Federer final winning swan song but the heart says not to be!!!

Final......heart is for a Federer final winning swan song but the head says not to be!!!

FIFY.:)

Same here, head says Djokovic should win, but heart says Federer. I think Federer needs to get it done in 3 or 4 sets and also take the first set (he has only ever beaten Djokovic once in their meetings when he has failed to take the first set). If it goes 5 sets, then it favours Djokovic.

If it follows last year's final, then who wins the second serve battle will be key to the match and will win the match. Djokovic was supreme in this department last year and really got the better of Federer's second serve. But if Federer can keep up his serving performance of Friday, then he has a great chance. His serving performance on Friday is the best I've seen from him because Murray is one of the top 3 returners on the tour; to give him only one break point chance the entire match was extraordinary. However, Djokovic is probably the best returner in the history of the game, so Federer will have to serve just as well and even better.

I do like how Federer is really mixing up his game this Wimbledon, serving wide and volleying and also staying back. It is the only way he will beat Djokovic, as staying back all the time will only favour Novak.

If Federer can win today, I think it will really cement his place as the GOAT. Not only to win his eighth Wimbledon, but to beat the calibre of opponents back to back in Murray and Novak at the age of 33, on the greatest court in tennis is unprecedented. Anyway, my finger nails will surely be bitten to the stump after this match.

UNREAL game so far... Fed letting in too many errors though. It's like he's forgotten how to win.

Last edited:
Take that back... What an amazing tie break.. from 3-6 down!! Shaping up to be one of the best finals ever.. incredible.

Those first two sets were simply amazing. Probably my favourite tie break ever in the second.

Really hope Federer can keep up the quality and pull back again!

Well done to Novak, I thought he really controlled the match and thoroughly deserved to win and showed why he is world no.1.

As predicted the second serve battle was key and Novak really killed Federer there and attacked Federer's backhand remorselessly which always put Novak on the front foot in the baseline rallies. That for me were the two key reasons Novak won in the end.

Missed the final as on the road but Novack's win is hardly a surprise!

Poor old Fed Heads will be down in their ale tonight but they can bathe in memories of his unbelievable career and continuing stylish brilliance.

Novak is as good as Rog was but younger!!!

Latest posts