• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wimbledon

I think I might have a fit, been switching betwen this, the golf, two GAA games and even a bit of cricket... Woulda been great for him to finish that off so I can calm down, haven't been glued to it but surely Novak has the edge now.

And we're into our first championship deciding tie breaker (I don't like it)

Novak definitely goes in as favourite

Took me rest on Sunday to calm down. Was so annoyed at Federer for throwing it away yet again after holding two championship points. He'll never have a better chance to beat Djokovic in a Wimbledon final. Who didn't play that well, but played well when it mattered. More points won by Federer, but not the most important points.

If there is a flaw in the maestro it's that he has a habit of throwing it away when the match is on his racquet.

The last shank by Federer to lose the match was very reminiscent of Roddick's shank 10 years ago in the final. Funny how it comes full circle.

Bump for the tennis and Murray fans. I remember this match as I was watching it on the big screen outside court 1 at the time. The first big match where Murray really performed at Wimbledon coming back from 2 sets to love down to beat his contemporary Richard Gasquet.

Bump for the tennis and Murray fans. I remember this match as I was watching it on the big screen outside court 1 at the time. The first big match where Murray really performed at Wimbledon coming back from 2 sets to love down to beat his contemporary Richard Gasquet.

Thanks for the link. Good stuff. :cool:

Yeh Siege is a strange one. I can't see Wimbledon getting rid of the white code any time soon. It's part of the tradition of Wimbledon which is part of its brand.

I guess by his logic White Castle fast food restaurants will have to change their name too. :D

extralarge.jpg

I guess by his logic White Castle fast food restaurants will have to change their name too. :D

extralarge.jpg

yep pretty much what Ali was saying way back in the 70s.

but going back to all white clothing at Wimbledon. Nah it's got nothing to do with black and white and what is happening right now with the protests.

yep pretty much what Ali was saying way back in the 70s.

but going back to all white clothing at Wimbledon. Nah it's got nothing to do with black and white and what is happening right now with the protests.

Ali mentioned many things in that clip, but White Castle wasn't there. It was named after the paint color, not a pigment. I've never seen a person that white before. :D

extralarge.jpg

Ali mentioned many things in that clip, but White Castle wasn't there. It was named after the paint color, not a pigment. I've never seen a person that white before. :D

extralarge.jpg
Yeh not the White Castle. But you get his point about all things good being named white.

Yeh not the White Castle. But you get his point about all things good being named white.

Oh yes, I got it and found the video clip very enlightening and funny too. Thanks for posting it. BTW, my ancestors fought for the Union in the Civil War (they were in West Virginia, which broke away from Virginia because people in that part of the state opposed slavery). And the main reason why I can't stand Trump is because he's a race baiter.

Last edited:

Latest posts