• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wimp

=/
It's not a tickling match.
While i can understand that there are big hits, and there are injuries, noones forcing people to play it's their choice.

Irresponsible article from a "nanny daddy".

Rugby is the ultimate sport. Period.

It seeks so much of you all of the time. It's a draining sport. After a game you're finished, mentally and physically. But it fulfills so much of you at the same time. It gives that deep, primal feeling of being a human, of being a man. Sacrifice and enthrallment all wrapped up into one. It builds your character, and builds your trust in a group of people called a team. It requires discipline, skill and courage, all vital life lessons. It's not just a great game, it's a great lifestyle.

He is really robbing his son of something wonderful.

Not a wimp, just a complete asshole. First of all he says that he does not want his 10 year old son playing the game, yet in his final paragraph he says that rugby is a great game to start early and up until the age of 15 it is relatively safe ;) Also he uses the word "biff"?!?!!? Who uses that now-a-days :lol: Also i notice a bit of a sexual joke in his first paragraph "a good ruck" hmmm, first time I read it, I read it differently. He would also rather have his son fighting in the playground, instead of outside on a rugby field, increasing his strength and fitness? What a complete fool.

I can actually kinda understand where he might be coming from. Last year there was a young high school player 17 years old in Feilding that lost his life from a neck injury he received in a game. His family and friends said there was no bad intent on the tackle that was made on him and they blamed no one but they also went on to say that he wouldn't want anyone to be discouraged from playing Rugby because of it but to keep going hard.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Oct 29 2009, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

It seeks so much of you all of the time. It's a draining sport. After a game you're finished, mentally and physically. But it fulfills so much of you at the same time. It gives that deep, primal feeling of being a human, of being a man. Sacrifice and enthrallment all wrapped up into one. It builds your character, and builds your trust in a group of people called a team. It requires discipline, skill and courage, all vital life lessons. It's not just a great game, it's a great lifestyle.[/b]
You're hired for the next Lions team talk. McGeechan out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Oct 28 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

It seeks so much of you all of the time. It's a draining sport. After a game you're finished, mentally and physically.[/b]
Our fullback said the same before our game today:
It's 80minutes of your day, and if you're not f*cked, and they're not f*cked by the end of it, you're not trying hard enough

Latest posts