Friday

Edinburgh v Ospreys
Connacht v Zebre
Ulster v Treviso

Saturday

Glasgow v Dragons
Cardiff v Munster
Leinster v Scarlets

Edinburgh v Ospreys - I've given up on Edinburgh and with Ospreys back to winning ways I can only see a BP win to the away side.
Connacht v Zebre - I need new jokes for the Italians.
Ulster v Treviso - I'll accept help.

Glasgow v Dragons - This time last week I'd have thought this could be tight but Dragons are just a very Northern Italian side, handy win for the Scots.
Cardiff v Munster - One ground out a win in the second half last week, the other ground out a loss and cost me an 80 quid win in the bookies. One needs to bounce back and will, comfortable win against the shapeless Blues!
Leinster v Scarlets - Best for last - Top of the table v last years top performers, winning in Thomund was impressive but the RDS is the scalp to get in this league and with the last Pro 12 loss being in the midst of Matt O'Connor's dark days in an embarrassing loss to Dragons in February 2015, the Welsh outfit probably have too much to do.

Last edited:
Friday

Edinburgh v Ospreys
Connacht v Zebre
Ulster v Treviso

Saturday

Glasgow v Dragons
Cardiff v Munster
Leinster v Scarlets

Previews to come...

Wales have released six players back to the Ospreys for this weekend so a tough game for Edinburgh is made even tougher. Sam Davies, James King, Olly Cracknell, Rory Thornton, Nicky Smith and Rhodri Jones are the players made available

Ulster v Treviso - I'll accept help.

Fashionable Bennetton arrive in... fashionable Belfast. With mediocre performances all the rage on the Italian cat walks these days meeting routes walked in traditional fashions - this can only end up in a contest hotter than Arlene's pellet burners running flat out with the windows open.

Ulster will hope to have Coeztee back in the fold, after a brief reminder in the first half against Zebre that they need their Springbok to close in on Leinster and Munster at the top of the table. But enough about the animals, this should be an easy enough win for the Ulstermen.

Cardiff vs Munster was so competitive at the start of the year and I expected the Blues to kick on this year. How times change. It'd be a huge statement if the Scarlets, particularly without Patchell. They kind of need to pull out that win to become a favourite for a home semi.

No Irish boys for us it seems. Anyone in 36 for Munster and Leinster are released possibly. There is talks ongoing but they're to report for camp Saturday. Seems Friday night game will screw us

The burger prince of Auckland returns, as the Limerick fast food industry still mourns the loss of their favorite son and the fact this isn't a home game. This Saturday Nick Williams comes against the team who he took a 2 year sabatical from behaving like a professional athlete with, before having to play for Aironi for 2 years scared him straight.

Munster: Andrew Conway; Darren Sweetnam, Jaco Taute, Rory Scannell, Ronan O'Mahony, Ian Keatley, Duncan Williams; Dave Kilcoyne, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Darren O'Shea, Billy Holland - capt.; Dave O'Callaghan, Tommy O'Donnell, Robin Copeland.

Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, Peter McCabe, Brian Scott, Fineen Wycherley, Conor Oliver, Abrie Griesel, Dan Goggin, Francis Saili.

Cardiff Blues: Matthew Morgan; Aled Summerhill, Willis Halaholo, Steven Shingler, Tom James; Gareth Anscombe, Lloyd Williams (capt); Corey Domachowski, Matthew Rees, Anton Peikrishvili, George Earle, Jarrad Hoeata, Macauley Cook, Josh Navidi, Nick Williams

Replacements: Kirby Myhill, Marc Thomas, Taufa'ao Filise, James Down, Sion Bennett, Tomos Williams, Garyn Smith, Rhun Williams

Tasty Munster backline. Halfbacks could truly spoil that party depending on how they show up, and how much we're forced to kick but it's important we have a defensive leader at 13 in favor of Shoulder Smash Saili. Hope that Goggin, Wycherly and Oliver see some good gametime. Cardiff embarrassed us earlier in the season but they're missing so many players I want 5 points for Gryffindor.

The burger prince of Auckland returns, as the Limerick fast food industry still mourns the loss of their favorite son and the fact this isn't a home game. This Saturday Nick Williams comes against the team who he took a 2 year sabatical from behaving like a professional athlete with, before having to play for Aironi for 2 years scared him straight.

Munster: Andrew Conway; Darren Sweetnam, Jaco Taute, Rory Scannell, Ronan O'Mahony, Ian Keatley, Duncan Williams; Dave Kilcoyne, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Darren O'Shea, Billy Holland - capt.; Dave O'Callaghan, Tommy O'Donnell, Robin Copeland.

Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, Peter McCabe, Brian Scott, Fineen Wycherley, Conor Oliver, Abrie Griesel, Dan Goggin, Francis Saili.

Cardiff Blues: Matthew Morgan; Aled Summerhill, Willis Halaholo, Steven Shingler, Tom James; Gareth Anscombe, Lloyd Williams (capt); Corey Domachowski, Matthew Rees, Anton Peikrishvili, George Earle, Jarrad Hoeata, Macauley Cook, Josh Navidi, Nick Williams

Replacements: Kirby Myhill, Marc Thomas, Taufa'ao Filise, James Down, Sion Bennett, Tomos Williams, Garyn Smith, Rhun Williams

Tasty Munster backline. Halfbacks could truly spoil that party depending on how they show up, and how much we're forced to kick but it's important we have a defensive leader at 13 in favor of Shoulder Smash Saili. Hope that Goggin, Wycherly and Oliver see some good gametime. Cardiff embarrassed us earlier in the season but they're missing so many players I want 5 points for Gryffindor.

Hey it was Cork big Nick ruled. Wow we had crazy flight over here to Cardiff with weather. On team we have decent mux and key for us is a reaction after last week

LEINSTER (Leinster caps in brackets):

15. Joey Carbery (15)
14. Adam Byrne (17)
13. Zane Kirchner (81)
12. Noel Reid (77)
11. Fergus McFadden (145)
10. Ross Byrne (17)
9. Luke McGrath (68)
1. Peter Dooley (32)
2. Richardt Strauss (140) CAPTAIN
3. Michael Bent (80)
4. Ross Molony (37)
5. Hayden Triggs (24)
6. Rhys Ruddock (124)
7. Dan Leavy (31)
8. Jack Conan (45)

16. Bryan Byrne (17)
17. Ed Byrne (6)
18. Mike Ross (147)
19. Mike McCarthy (74)
20. Max Deegan (2)
21. Jamison Gibson-Park (21)
22. Tom Daly (5)
23. Barry Daly (8)

Mean back row, wish we started Fetish at 9 though. I reckon the last 20 when we Byrne it up will be the difference.

Hey it was Cork big Nick ruled. Wow we had crazy flight over here to Cardiff with weather. On team we have decent mux and key for us is a reaction after last week

Enjoy your weekend! Head to the City Arms after the game for a beer.

Really worried about this weekend. The players missing through Wales and injury continue to be a big test of a non-existent depth! The Cardiff front row is very weak and I fully expect Munster to have the upper hand in the set piece. Cardiff are still missing Ellis or Sam at 7 and the breakdown and Connacht and Edinburgh really slowed the ball down and had a pretty free reign when recycling in attack. Hoeata doesn't bring a lot of power in the second row and that's been an issue. Summerhill and Morgan are suspect in defence, although kick long to them and they have a fair bit of pace and flair on the counter!

As it's a home game, I'd like to see a good performance and try to play with a bit more pace from the breakdown, but I can't see it...

Enjoy your weekend! Head to the City Arms after the game for a beer.

Really worried about this weekend. The players missing through Wales and injury continue to be a big test of a non-existent depth! The Cardiff front row is very weak and I fully expect Munster to have the upper hand in the set piece. Cardiff are still missing Ellis or Sam at 7 and the breakdown and Connacht and Edinburgh really slowed the ball down and had a pretty free reign when recycling in attack. Hoeata doesn't bring a lot of power in the second row and that's been an issue. Summerhill and Morgan are suspect in defence, although kick long to them and they have a fair bit of pace and flair on the counter!

As it's a home game, I'd like to see a good performance and try to play with a bit more pace from the breakdown, but I can't see it...

Oh I've been there in past but unfortunately won't get there tomorrow as we fly back home straight after. Our front row is good and pack should be ok but it's still bit iffy as confidence was hit last week. But we need to get back on track and this is before a break so vital to try finish on a high

Ulster fail to get a bp at home to Treviso. That's awful!

Hopefully Treviso contributed to that with some half decent play???

Ospreys too good for Edinburgh who again keep things close but lack any sort of mental strength or will to win. Very strange. Sam Davies kicked well tactically in poor conditions and was fantastic for their opening try. Worth checking out.

Hopefully Treviso contributed to that with some half decent play???

Ospreys too good for Edinburgh who again keep things close but lack any sort of mental strength or will to win. Very strange. Sam Davies kicked well tactically in poor conditions and was fantastic for their opening try. Worth checking out.

I can't say as I didn't watch it but if conditions in Galway were anything to go by I'd say that had more to do with it than Treviso being any use.

Cardiff and Munster put me to sleep in that 1st half... Off to the boozer for two top 4 teams who can do it without their superstars! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Pub delayed, Duncan and Keatley making this easy for Cardiff, Scannell not much better. Despite not being anywhere near pretty enough Sweetnam is the best young Ireland wing at the moment.

Boom what a win. Great for lads confidence. Oliver was superb when on I thought.
Agreed Sweets was good but Taute and R O'Mahony were very good and Scannell redeemed iffy start brilliantly.
Dave O'Callaghan and Billy were superb too

Last edited:
Cardiff and Munster put me to sleep in that 1st half... Off to the boozer for two top 4 teams who can do it without their superstars! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Pub delayed, Duncan and Keatley making this easy for Cardiff, Scannell not much better. Despite not being anywhere near pretty enough Sweetnam is the best young Ireland wing at the moment.
Hahahaha I bet the cool kids invited you to the pub as a joke and pantsed you when you arrived so you waddled home crying to finish the game. Alone.

Latest posts