• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

With what rules?

M

munross

When Wales come to South Africa later this year which rules will they be playing by,the new ELV rules or the old rules? :blink: When will the Northern Hemisphere teams begin using the ELV rules?

Cheers
Ross

no their just on trial for this super 14, and when the tours come, back to normal rugby. but i think next season, all going well the evls will be vls.

I think the NH nations have not yet formally agreed on playing the ELVs rules. At the end of the Super14 I think the IRB can then honestly evaluate what these rules bring. Is Super14 much more attractive than last year? Does this bring more people in the stadiums? No NZ and Australia stadiums look even more empty than last year? TV scores are apparently on the down...

So in the end what's the point in changing the rules?

So I guess the Welsh team will have the advantage then seeing as they are not gonna use the ELV's and the SA players switching back to the old rules.
I think this is stupid learning new rules and then going back to the old rules,the SA players are gonna get confussed???

So I guess the Welsh team will have the advantage then seeing as they are not gonna use the ELV's and the SA players switching back to the old rules.
I think this is stupid learning new rules and then going back to the old rules,the SA players are gonna get confussed???
[/b]
To be fair they've been playing under the 'old rules' for most of their careers, so I'm sure they'll slot right into it again.
We'll just need a calm scrum half, so he doesn't tap and run when a penalty is given instead of a free kick!

It's not the ideal situation though, as the Wales game in June will be De Villiers 1st game as Bok coach. It'll also be the 1st time the players play with the old rules since November last year.

Wales do have a slight advantage but it's not like this is unexpected advantage. We've known we'll have to play them with the old rules.

What we didn't expect was them winning the Grand Slam!

I certainly hope they use the new rules ... now that it looks like it will be a permanent fixture they may as well carry on with it

I certainly hope they use the new rules ... now that it looks like it will be a permanent fixture they may as well carry on with it [/b]

Well they clearly aren't going to use the new rules. Can you imagine telling the Welsh they have to use the ELV's for the first time in a test match? Would be absolute carnage.

Nah, it'll be south Africa going back to the real rules which i'm sure could give us a slight advantage, but i can't see how big an advantage that would.
They're still the world champions and they're still only having to revert back to rules that they've played with all their lives and have only been away from for about 4 months.

Nah, it'll be south Africa going back to the real rules which i'm sure could give us a slight advantage, but i can't see how big an advantage that would.
They're still the world champions and they're still only having to revert back to rules that they've played with all their lives and have only been away from for about 4 months.
[/b]
The one that doesn't value scrummaging as much as the new rules?

Now to the topic: Considering many Boks in the Bulls are having trouble with the changes I think going back to the old rules will help to strengthen them if anything....

I didn't mean to cause offence, but i was just referring to the rules that the rest of the world uses as the primary ones.

FFS RC, you can't do anything right today!

It's South Africa (the country) not south Africa (the region)

:p

I think this is stupid learning new rules and then going back to the old rules,the SA players are gonna get confussed??? [/b]

Although not always obvious the SA players have brains too. They should very quickly remember the rules they have followed most of their life and they had to follow when they first learned Rugby.

The rules are being tested in Super14 as far as I know so they have not been globally agreed upon yet.

Latest posts