• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Witt switches back to league

C

Candyman

Witt switching back to rugby league
Newstalk ZB - December 8, 2009, 5:29 am

Mixed emotions for former Warriors NRL player Michael Witt as he heads overseas.

After being released by the Warriors, Witt made the move to rugby union to play for Otago in the Air New Zealand Cup.

However, he had a disappointing campaign, making just seven appearances with six of those coming off the bench. He has now signed to play for Welsh club the Crusaders in the Super League.

Witt says it has been a frustrating year. He says he always wanted to play rugby but did not play as often as he would have liked.

"After the year I had this year I couldn't really afford to have another year doing nothing much so I thought this is the best option for me.

Witt says he has thoroughly enjoyed his time in New Zealand and has made a lot of friends. The 25-year-old has not ruled out a return to rugby union in future.

Pitty it wasn't for the warriors!! NH your getting a bloody good player and kicker!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 8 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Another league player who couldn't handle rugby.[/b]

Na just couldn't get a break in union had to much to compete against for a spot!! He'll do well in league again!!

Latest posts