• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WOL Implying That Byron Hayward IS Replacing Shaun!

hes got a ton of experience at scarlets but their defence is pretty leaky ......wish theyd keep edwards on too

Not sure either about Byron. I wouldn't consider the Scarlets defense as one of their strengths.

I do hope that we don't revert into a 'boom or bust' side as Gats described us before he took over. I've no doubt that our attack will improve significantly under Picvac and Jones, and Humph will probably do a better job than McBryde, but Shaun is a tough act to follow!

Different players though. I'd argue that Patch/Dan Jones, Steff Evans, McNicholl and Nicholas are all a bit iffy in defense, whereas he'll have more solid options available for Wales.

if you harnessed the natural latent flair in welsh rugby, especially at scarlets, with the monstrous defence and incredible fitness of the national side under gats and edwards..Then you may have a chance of creating the bets team in the world..Getting to world number 2 is great. But have they the coaches, the players and the sheer drive and ambition to usurp the all blacks and become number 1.....lest we forget the all blacks have almost always been the number 1 for at least, probably 100 years. it hasnt affected their mentality, it hasnt made them complacent. Theyve seemed marched to the beat of their own drum and nearly always stayed ahead of the chasing pack.

So further to this... and again it's WoL so who the frikk knows how much credence can be attributed to this but... and although I do not want Shaun Edwards to leave Wales, I just don't know how I feel about this (should it be true) but apparently Pivac will keep Edwards within the Wales set up as he will run with TWO defence coaches... just WOW!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/shaun-edwards-agrees-stay-wales-16126654

Hope I'm wrong but it seems to me that this is a shiz-storm waiting to happen!

So further to this... and again it's WoL so who the frikk knows how much credence can be attributed to this but... and although I do not want Shaun Edwards to leave Wales, I just don't know how I feel about this (should it be true) but apparently Pivac will keep Edwards within the Wales set up as he will run with TWO defence coaches... just WOW!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/shaun-edwards-agrees-stay-wales-16126654

Hope I'm wrong but it seems to me that this is a shiz-storm waiting to happen!
I'm almost frothing at the mouth. This would be huge.

I'm almost frothing at the mouth. This would be huge.

Mate... I'm all about keeping Edwards involved with Wales but I personally would much rather he alone take on the role rather than him and Hayward working together... clearly defined lines of responsibility will be a difficult thing to manage here.

I hope I'm wrong... I really do but there is a reason that too many cooks spoil the broth.

Mate... I'm all about keeping Edwards involved with Wales but I personally would much rather he alone take on the role rather than him and Hayward working together... clearly defined lines of responsibility will be a difficult thing to manage here.

I hope I'm wrong... I really do but there is a reason that too many cooks spoil the broth.

I'd guess that it would mean Edwards staying on in a part time role that would maybe allow him to also work with the regions for a couple of years. Hayward would have the opportunity to learn from the great man, then taking over fully at that point.

If this is true, would be excellent for Wales imo. Edwards has proven previously whilst working with the regions that he's capable of working alongside other defensive coaches and making an impact, so I'd be confident that the balance would work.

I'd guess that it would mean Edwards staying on in a part time role that would maybe allow him to also work with the regions for a couple of years. Hayward would have the opportunity to learn from the great man, then taking over fully at that point.

If this is true, would be excellent for Wales imo. Edwards has proven previously whilst working with the regions that he's capable of working alongside other defensive coaches and making an impact, so I'd be confident that the balance would work.

From what I read, Hayward will evaluate the oppositions threats and suggest a course of action on how to counter them... then Edwards will implement Hayward's steer on the paddock.

I'm more than willing to accept that I could be looking at this negatively and as I keep stating I hope that I'm wrong... but to me this screams half-assed plan that will eventually blow up when tensions rise.

From what I read, Hayward will evaluate the oppositions threats and suggest a course of action on how to counter them... then Edwards will implement Hayward's steer on the paddock.

I'm more than willing to accept that I could be looking at this negatively and as I keep stating I hope that I'm wrong... but to me this screams half-assed plan that will eventually blow up when tensions rise.
Shaun is arguably the best defensive coach in World Rugby. Don't think it would work him taking instructions from Heyward to implement. It should be the other way round. Heyward taking instructions off Shaun and in theory learning his methods.

A complete rip up of our defensive methods would put us back to square one. It's vital Shaun takes a lead role in this department because as has already been said...Scarlets defence is nothing to shout about.

Shaun is arguably the best defensive coach in World Rugby. Don't think it would work him taking instructions from Heyward to implement. It should be the other way round. Heyward taking instructions off Shaun and in theory learning his methods.

A complete rip up of our defensive methods would put us back to square one. It's vital Shaun takes a lead role in this department because as has already been said...Scarlets defence is nothing to shout about.

This is why I feel concerned...

Latest posts