• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worcester Warriors

Pretty well I reckon. The weird end to last season was probably good for Worcester and you've been able to bring through more promising players from the academy like Cutting, David and Howard.

You also have Moulds to come back from injury and the internationals returning. Shame Shillcock seems to be a bit of a permacrock as he's always looked great on the occasions he has played.

I still think 8-10th, but taking some decent scalps along the way and continuing to get better.

I still think 8-10th, but taking some decent scalps along the way and continuing to get better.
Aye, that's my guess - almost like Sale a few seasons ago, flirting with top 6 but not particularly in a relegation battle

I'd happily take 8th/9th at the moment. The potential is there.
There's plenty of players coming back from injury so will help with the intense season

So far for next season we're definitely losing Weir, potentially losing Hougaard and Du Preez. Quite alarming that we're losing so much talent.

I hope Worcester don't do something like go cheap on the 10 with the hope that Finn Smith will step up.
You spent some big money on 2 back 3 players in Nani and DvdM, not having a quality 10 would make no sense.

I hope Worcester don't do something like go cheap on the 10 with the hope that Finn Smith will step up.
You spent some big money on 2 back 3 players in Nani and DvdM, not having a quality 10 would make no sense.
Exactly, Weir has been the best 10 we've had in my memory, good kicker, good game management. Searle and Shillcock aren't near that level and i'm not convinced they will be.

Always a tricky one in that scenario. Finn Smith is very highly rated. They won't want to block his development and they might be looking at how Marcus Smith came through and thinking 'if you're good enough, you're old enough'.

IMO, we didn't really get it right at Quins. Smith's breakthrough was amazing, but I think there's definitely an argument to say he's got way too much responsibility at this stage in his career. He's not yet 21 and has already made 93 first team appearances. Joe Simmonds is a full three years older and has less senior appearances (90). Marcus Smith has had Nick Evans tutoring him but as there was no cross over between them as players, Smith was in at the deep end rather than being slowly integrated in to the team over time as Simmonds was with Steenson.

Ideally Weir could have played the Steenson role with Finn Smith. As it is, I still think Searle is good enough to be a reasonable stop gap solution in the Premiership. I think sticking with him is a better option than signing someone expensive for a short period. The only exception I'd make is Cipriani. Having him to learn from could be massive for Finn Smith.

Yeah fully agree regarding Fin Smith. I know that a lot supporters are so far unimpressed by Searle due to below par kicking accuracy. Cips could work as we're potentially releasing some cap space when Hougaard leaves for the Bulls.

Except Cipriani wouldn't help with the kicking accuracy.

Owlett and Judge both signed this week, both are tightheads, asks the question, which who's leaving?

Yeah. That's what I've heard. Could be a good move for him and Exeter.

Not really impressed by Judge or Owlett. Neither have shown anything to suggest they'll ever justify a regular spot in the starting XV at Premiership level IMO.

Trouble with these things is that they're made from pure guesswork by journalists.
The problem with this one specifically is that journalists on question, work for Ruck
I do treat it with a level of scepticism, as with anything from Ruck. Just thought it was interesting. They've done one for each club

Latest posts