Highlights include;

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
there is no one particularly to blame[/b]

Jonny Wilkinson and Mark Cueto who all played well in the autumn series[/b]

we can ***** about the media together[/b]

we had a lot of injuries in the autumn and the only good point to that is it gave young players a chance[/b]
Erm, which ones?

We couldn't even walk out of the hotel without taking your life in your hands[/b]
Ever step foot outside of HQ in a rugby context again Johnno, that'll be the case in England soon

I thought Cueto played consistently well in the AI, nothing amazing, but just well, no major f'ups, and compared to monye at FB played incredibly :p

Yeah, i would. He didn't mess up at all on the wing, and played well at FB. I'd say the same if he played for any other team (apart from wasps)

A sign of the times I guess if he was "good". Standards really have dropped.

duh-duh1233387823.jpg

Cueto honestly wasn't that bad. Better than Banahan and Monye were throughout the series anyway. We're highlighting the wrong players and the wrong problems here though such as:

1) Why was Monye shoehorned into Fullback?
2) Why was Louis Deacon allowed anywhere near the squad?
3) Why are we persisting with this wilko-Geraghty-Hipkiss axis that plainly doesn't work?
4) WHAT IS IT WITH THE SODDING THREE MAN POD THING?!
5) Why are we using front rowers like Hartley to do the job of centers in the middle, thus creating a huge crowd of England forwards which suffocate the backs?
6) Why can't we even execute our aimless kick and chase plan properly?
7) Why is Mike Ford wearing an England Rugby baseball cap from ten years ago?
8) Why didn't we use any of our decent impact subs at all during our important games (i.e. Lawes who was eventually deselected period o_O)
9) Why is there this whispering campaign against Hodgson at scrum half in favour of Care who in turn is suffering from another whispering campaign in favour of Ellis?!
10) Why are these awful purple jerseys selling so well?!

Jesus guys, Mark Cueto performing slightly worse than great is the very least of our problems. You see what I'm doing? I'm taking Mark Cueto's file and I'm putting it...waaaay at the verrry bottom of our TO DO list because this is officially known as "navel gazing" or "re-arranging the chairs on the ***anic."

I'd love it if we crashed out of the RWC in 2011 and someone said "well, the team was crap but BY GOD did we get a winger that performed slightly better than Mark Cueto did in 2009! SHAZAM GUYS! SHAZAM! BRO'POUND, ANYONE? NO?"

While I totally agree with a lot of whats been said, I'll do my utmost to defend the English coaching staff from a neutral point of view.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Dec 7 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
1) Why was Monye shoehorned into Fullback?[/b]
You have been looking for a decent 13 for a while and a certain Mr Armitage could do a good job outside of Flutey. In order to free up Armitage you need a replacement 15. Someone who can kick well, cath well and has brilliant positional sense................. Nope I havent a clue why he went for Monye but are there really that many other qualified options available in the GP? and before Mite starts listing off a load of Saints players, one or two semi decent performances in the GP does not make an international fullback. I would have put Cueto in there myself but he wouldnt make many (or any) of the other home nations teams at fullback would he?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Dec 7 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
2) Why was Louis Deacon allowed anywhere near the squad?[/b]
No idea. Absolutely pointless selection. As is a combination of Borthwick and Shaw. I dont understant why Kennedy isnt in there with Lawes. If they are good enough they are old enough. Even if they arent good enough at the moment, they have to be a better option then 2 x 40 year old locks.

3) Why are we persisting with this wilko-Geraghty-Hipkiss axis that plainly doesn't work?[/b]
Havent a clue. it seems to be an English thing to stick round pegs in square poles. Where most teams select inside centres to play inside centre, you guys like your outhalf to sit sooooo deep that a real inside centre (and the other backs outside of him) are kinda pointless. Personally I'm surprised you havent gone a step further and selected a wilko - geraghty - lamb combination.

4) WHAT IS IT WITH THE SODDING THREE MAN POD THING?![/b]
The breakdown and the fear of losing possession. Its not exactly dynamic, it is extremely predictable, but you'd imagine they will get better at it.

5) Why are we using front rowers like Hartley to do the job of centers in the middle, thus creating a huge crowd of England forwards which suffocate the backs?[/b]
Becuse one of your centres is actually an outhalf and is sitting so deep he always gets tackled behind the gain line. See point 3.

6) Why can't we even execute our aimless kick and chase plan properly?[/b]
No idea

7) Why is Mike Ford wearing an England Rugby baseball cap from ten years ago?[/b]
No idea BUT when he left the Irish post, our "Golden Age" began. Just think of how good you'll be when you get rid of him.

8) Why didn't we use any of our decent impact subs at all during our important games (i.e. Lawes who was eventually deselected period o_O)[/b]
Maybe they arent very impacty? Why would you bring on Lawes when you have players like Deacon out there eating up the opposition?

9) Why is there this whispering campaign against Hodgson at scrum half in favour of Care who in turn is suffering from another whispering campaign in favour of Ellis?![/b]
That has to be one of the weirdest ones for me. Why Care is in there at all I cant understand, why he is playing in front of Hodgson is just daft.

10) Why are these awful purple jerseys selling so well?![/b]
Jesus they arent are they?

Martin Johnson :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am admired with his philosophical face :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well said Log. BTW - Hartley is ****. Sure he is full of bluster but really it seems to be just for bluster's sake. Prediction: in the not too distant future, Bakkies will put Hartley into a coma. When is the next SA/ENG test?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruggersp @ Dec 9 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well said Log. BTW - Hartley is ****. Sure he is full of bluster but really it seems to be just for bluster's sake. Prediction: in the not too distant future, Bakkies will put Hartley into a coma. When is the next SA/ENG test?[/b]

bwahaha.jpg

This post is full of Lulz

Edit: WTF is "bluster"? :blink:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 8 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
*blahblahblahvlah* Mite starts listing off a load of Saints players *blahO'blahluck'o'theirishblah*[/b]

When I'm being Mr. Northampton, I normally say things long the lines of "England can f-off and leave out players alone", not "ZOMG PICKS ALL OUR PLAYERZ!!!!!". So kindly STFU.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 10 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Edit: WTF is "bluster"? :blink:[/b]

From watching him in last years GP and this year's AI, he seems to like to start **** and get all up in people's faces, but it only seems to earn him penalties in the wrong direction. I kept waiting for Roncero to beat the **** out of him lol. Granted I know he's young and obviously pretty hot-headed; more than anything I think too much pressure was put on him too early. I mean, club captain at 23-ish and 2nd or 3rd year of pro ball? He seems to like killing the flow of play. Although one could easily say, "What flow?" in the case of England.

Don't judge him by any of the **** that England were serving up. He's one of the best and most dynamic players in the world, only hindered on the international stage because he chose his Mothers country instead of his dad. That said, international rugby is so **** at the moment there's very few players who look standout.

Watch the Premiership and keep eyes up on what he really does. He's one of those presently rare examples where he's not scared to play rugby, take a ball into contact head up and using positive tactics. I'd go so far to say the only Hooker out there right now who looks better then him for any team in any league/competition (domestic or international) is Shalk Brits at Sarries.

Oh, and Hartley is hard as nails. Seriously, Roncero would get f***ed up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruggersp @ Dec 9 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well said Log. BTW - Hartley is ****. Sure he is full of bluster but really it seems to be just for bluster's sake. Prediction: in the not too distant future, Bakkies will put Hartley into a coma. When is the next SA/ENG test?[/b]

Hartley is good I rekon, you can tell who he has modelled his game on in terms of his get in the oppositions faces. Ronnie Regan.

Yeah, I'll retract that statement; I suppose I got caught up in the jargon of this forum (lots of unwaranted "shite" and "********" being thrown around). I did think he was a bit over-rated, but I will def. keep an eye out for him. Plus I haven't gotten to see Northampton play yet this year, so all I saw was AI.

Latest posts