• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Working 9 til 5

S

St Helens RLFC

*ceases high pitched screech*

So, what shift do you work? Do you have a normal one, working 9-5 (5:30 I imagine) or are you stuck with a stupid weasel one like me. I work 11:30am - 8pm Monday - Thursday and 8am - 4pm on a Sunday. Curse being in Tunisia when the shift patterns were handed out!

I have put in a request for 9-5:30 myself like, hoping to get that some time in the next few weeks.

I work at a hospital on the weekends (still at Uni) so we have all sorts of crazy shifts... If I work the nights it's 9pm-7am, other than that it's generally 1-9:30pm or 7-3:30pm (though generally we leave at 1:30 cause there's no boss :p ).
Worst shift ever? 11:30am-7am (night shift was off sick).

Worst shift i have ever had to do when i did shop work. was 5.30am start til 4am that was christmas 3 years ago now, then I was due in for work at 5am to work will 7pm and I kicked up such a fuss they just sent me upstairs and let me sleep for 4 hours then go back to work...

well I'm still a student but 3 days a week I'm up at 6am to do gardening maintenance, bit of a chore but it keeps me in drinking money.

i used to work from midnight til 8 then from 10pm to 6pm now i work from around 9-10 til about 4-430pm :)

Well my holiday job back at KFC has two basically two shifts, a normal one being 9AM-4PM or 4PM-11PM.

But when things go bad it can suck..
1PM-1AM on a night when our sales were up 150% on usual, ie extremely busy night.
7:30AM-6:30PM

I work at 9.30 - 5.30 where i stand around, folding, tagging, hanging rugby jerseys; talking to customers about whether Wales will win on the weekend, or why we're not doing well in Europe, whether All Blacks are stoppable etc.
Tedious, but when you get customers who know their rugby you can have a really good discussion.

It's kinda like a real life version of this place...only with clothes and me standing behind a til (not to imply that i'm naked at the mo of course!).

Well, I'm 8am to 5pm Mon-Fri. I'm there right now! I never have to work weekends.

I have recently been promoted to being the Purchasing and Promotions Manager of Office Furniture, Business Machines & IT Supplies.

Which in effect means I'm doing more of what I like organising and selling, although getting paid the same crumbs. For now.

I'm in effect the Assistant Manager and my boss is not too bad, although sometimes he's like the boss from The Office. Thinks he's really funny. When I get everyone else laughing with a funnier quip after the one he's made falls flat, he sort of stops grinning and glares.

Still, I do get away with one gag constantly. Theres this 14yr old award that we won for being the best stationer in the country that he keeps trying to throw out. His boss kept looking at it and saying "When are we going to do that again, David??!!" So, he has tried to throw it out about forty times and I keep putting it on his desk just before his boss, Mr Jackson comes in for a meeting. I always say it wasn't me and everyone laughs, so I have got away with it, as he wants to look like the nice guy boss.

I've worked the worst shift so I win! :D

.... oh wait! Dam you hospital!!! :ranting: :%#%#:

well..... its pretty sad looking at most of u working real long hours.....
I work from 8:00-16:00 with cofee break at 10:00-10:30, lunch at 12:00-13:00... I like my job.. (timewise)

I work at 9.30 - 5.30 where i stand around, folding, tagging, hanging rugby jerseys; talking to customers about whether Wales will win on the weekend, or why we're not doing well in Europe, whether All Blacks are stoppable etc.
[/b]
Wow...you get paid to stand around and talk rugby...not a bad job.

I work from 8ish to 4:30ish. Sometimes I'm in at 7:30, sometimes I'm there till 5:30, it just depends on my clients.

...it just depends on my clients.
[/b]

Clients?

Male whore!
No, Personal Trainer!
Erm...a Male Maseusse?

I give up.
What's your job?

And my job sucks. Really sucks.

Latest posts