• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Championship Rugby (2004) PC

davsav93

Academy Player
Hello,

Apologies if there is a thread dedicated to this game. I did search for it in the forum, but I found nothing.

I've recently got World Championship Rugby (WCR) running on my PC; it's a game that was so bad that it was great fun to play, and it's aged well!

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with how to edit this game? I want to sort out position swaps for certain players and I've noticed the documents (.BAG) are not that complex, given they were most likely made in late 2003 and early 2004.

By the way, the game itself has two super teams, teams Swordfish and Cougars; the latter of which is a team comprised entirely of players whose appearances and skills are akin to the late and great Jonah Lomu (only they have names like Speedy Jefferson, Keith Keitherson and Julio Julio)

I really enjoy playing rugby with the rosters from the 2000s, and I enjoy a change from the EA rugby games as well as the enjoyment of a game seemingly more intact than the Rugby Challenge game at times, as well as the most recent Rugby 18-20s games.

Furthermore, I enjoyed the way this game included almost gimmick like players, which I'd be open to seeing in BigAnt's upcoming Rugby 24 as (an) additional super team(s).

There was another sequel to WCR, called Rugby Challenge 2006. That one really was just terrible, and took away some of what was enjoyable from WCR.

Attachments

• s-l600~2.jpg
    s-l600~2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 6
  • s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 6
These games were made by the same studio as the classic JLR. They couldn't be further away in quality haha! I remember being on this forum back in 2004 in the lead up to the release of the 2004 game.

These games were made by the same studio as the classic JLR. They couldn't be further away in quality haha! I remember being on this forum back in 2004 in the lead up to the release of the 2004 game.
Hello! Was there anything on how to modify starting lineups, etc.? I imagine all of those pages are archived somewhere.

I don't think so. TBH I don't think many people remember that game, it wasn't very good. I can't find the threads now, they probably got lost years ago during some forum software transition.

I don't think so. TBH I don't think many people remember that game, it wasn't very good. I can't find the threads now, they probably got lost years ago during some forum software transition.

Yes, I remember later on in 2008-9 when the forum having loads of community creations for Rugby 08, and all of that disappeared, I made me somewhat sad not being able to find it all again!

As for WCR: Yes, It's not good in many ways; however, it is very enjoyable to play. I reckon a few tweaks with player speeds and staminas could make it much more enjoyable from a casual and joking perspective.

Latest posts