Bada-Bing!

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Hong Kong
Club or Nation
British Irish Lions
Anyone following this?

Watching Ronnie atm playing Hawkins and he is 6-8 down. Best of 25 frames. Come on Ronnie!!!

Out goes Ronnie and Trump. The two flair players out:mad:

Ding Junhui is first player from Asia/China into the final. Second semi looks like it will go down the wire between Fu and Selby.

Wonderful for the game if Fu makes it an Oriental final!!

Snooker is already massive in China, an all Chinese final would send it through the rof onto another level. My gut feeling though is that Selby will sneak it though 17-16 to make the final.

What an exhausting 15th frame. Ding finally takes the frame which he should have won 50 minutes ago. 8-7 to Selby. Game on.

Went to bed at 9-7. Just checked and ended up 10-7 to Selby. I think that 15th frame really took it out of Ding. Selby, even though he lost that frame, just strangled Ding's momentum though with his astonishing safety play.

Went to bed at 9-7. Just checked and ended up 10-7 to Selby. I think that 15th frame really took it out of Ding. Selby, even though he lost that frame, just strangled Ding's momentum though with his astonishing safety play.

+1

What a frame to win for Ding!!! 9-10 to Selby.

Edit: turning into a cracking final: 11-10 to Selby. Ding won that first session 3-1.

Edit 2: this match is slowly slipping away from Ding and turning in Selby's favour. What a match player Selby is and Ding's making a few mistakes at crucial times. 14-11 to Selby.

Last edited:
Love Mark's reaction to the terrible kick on the pink when you take into consideration his outrageous two flukes in the game before!'

Will take mini collapse by Selby now for a Chinese victory!!

I'm supporting Ding. But I feel his lack of experience in the World final will cost him in the end.

Last edited:
The collapse did not come and Selby's "B" game (his words not mine) turned out to be good enough!

He certainly did not appear to be that pleased at the end......sound off you would have thought he had lost!!

The collapse did not come and Selby's "B" game (his words not mine) turned out to be good enough!

He certainly did not appear to be that pleased at the end......sound off you would have thought he had lost!!

Yep, I think Selby was more relieved than anything to beat Ding and win his 2nd world ***le. What a match player though.

Ding was fantastic considering he was playing with the weight of a nation on his shoulders. I think he'll have to chalk this one down to experience and next time he will be ready to win it if he reaches another final; like Selby did when he lost his first final in 2007 (I think) v John Higgins.

I agree with all of that The_Blindside. Ding is still young in snooker terms, having been beaten up badly in his first triple crown final, he now won both the Masters and the UK. I would expect the experience of playing in a world final to stand him in similarly good stead in future appearances.

I suspect that it's no coincidence that Ding's good run coincides with him seeming so much more at ease and confident in himself. I never used to be a fan, but I find the "new Ding" a likeable character.

I agree with all of that The_Blindside. Ding is still young in snooker terms, having been beaten up badly in his first triple crown final, he now won both the Masters and the UK. I would expect the experience of playing in a world final to stand him in similarly good stead in future appearances.

I suspect that it's no coincidence that Ding's good run coincides with him seeming so much more at ease and confident in himself. I never used to be a fan, but I find the "new Ding" a likeable character.

A smile goes a long way to becoming likeable and a lot of golfers could learn from that!!

Selby 2 frames away.
I've fallen out of love with snooker during the Hearn era, so haven't watched much of the tournament, but have caught quite a lot of the final. It's been a very enjoyable match IMO, with Selby deserving the (inevitable now) win.

Latest posts