World Club Rugby 10s

keesZen

Academy Player
Country Flag
Singapore
Club or Nation
Samoa
Woohoooo!

The maiden World Club 10s rugby kicks off next weekend right here in my backyard!

Can't wait to watch soak in some of the, am sure, world-class action. Yeap really geared up & excited!

Plus the junior rugby boys I'm coaching are taking part in the fringe comp as well heh

So the teams are:

The Blues (New Zealand)
Brumbies (Australia)
Cardiff Blues (Wales)
Petrarca (Italy)
London Welsh (England)
Asia Pacific Dragons (An invitationall/BaaBaas-like team coached by Tana Umaga)
Samoa Water Presidents 10 (that includes the like of Mikaele Pesamino and former captain, George Stowers)

It's gonna be ruggerrific boys!!!

Nice to see that there will be also an italian team,it's a pity that italian rugby media didn't talk about it at all

Nice to see that there will be also an italian team,it's a pity that italian rugby media didn't talk about it at all

That's not so good to hear brah. Nonetheless, I'm sure the Italian boys will relish this moment& do Italian rugby proud!

During the summer period italian players take part to rugby 7s tournaments,so rugby media talk a lot about these tournaments,but nothing about rugby X's

They used to play 10's in Hong Kong during the week of the 7's and have to say am not sure when, or if, that stopped? I do know it was a very enjoyable tournament......and made the week a special one!

They used to play 10's in Hong Kong during the week of the 7's and have to say am not sure when, or if, that stopped? I do know it was a very enjoyable tournament......and made the week a special one!

Yes it's still played,regularly since 1986 :D

The 10s event that runs along side the 7s is still around. Here's the link - http://www.hongkongtens.com/

As for the World Club 10s, am not sure about the televised bit but I'll keep a lookout for any possible streaming sites.

Here's the link to to site boys - http://worldclubtens.com/

Pretty sure I saw a release saying parts of it are going o be televised on super sports.

Very excited for this.

Rugby 10's is an awesome form of rugby. I've played it and watched a few tournaments. Got more of the structure of league and 15's but has the pace and excitement of 7's

So the teams have landed in singapore and are training across the different schools which is a great surprise, we've got Biarritz and Asia Pacific Dragons. Alex Tuilangi is with the dragons and I have to say I did not think people as large as him could play wing. Also it looks like BO don't have a coach, or at least not one who wants to get up in the morning as Tana looked to be coaching them too. The excitement has definitely ramped up personally.

Blues took the tournament in a final with the Brumbies. Overall I think it went well enough pretty small crowd no more then a couple thousand but they seemed to in to the rugby which is good. Stadium is fantastic spacious seats and not too hot. Hopefully this encourages further development of rugby in Singapore.

Blues took the tournament in a final with the Brumbies. Overall I think it went well enough pretty small crowd no more then a couple thousand but they seemed to in to the rugby which is good. Stadium is fantastic spacious seats and not too hot. Hopefully this encourages further development of rugby in Singapore.

In Italy it's rare to have a so similar crowd for championship matches,so it would have been a big thing for the italian club (Petrarca)

It's so aggravating, the injuries to Owen Williams. If he could stay fit for a season, I've not doubt he'd oust even Foxy. With ball in hand he's one of the trickiest centres to mark. Get well soon Owen, hopefully we'll see you back soon, and in a Welsh Jersey where you belong!

Latest posts