• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup 2007 Pools

I'm going to go right out on a limb here and say that it will be an Australia v Argentina final.

And......

Wales won't make it out of the pool stage - Fiji will!

Don't kid yourself mate.... it's good to support your own country's team but you'll never beat the Wallabies. You might have a chance against Wales though....

Also, NZ will top pool C, but otherwise you're pretty much right.

haha jacko ur so naive son

the wallabies are in a dyer dyer dyer state, and id be shocked if they could beat wales in cardiff next year in the world cup, so im thinking wales will top the group wif u second

there no way canada will beat us.

dont be so stuped, i mean come on i know your young, but lets have some perspective please, you havent beaten us since 2003!!

haha jacko ur so naive son

the wallabies are in a dyer dyer dyer state, and id be shocked if they could beat wales in cardiff next year in the world cup, so im thinking wales will top the group wif u second

there no way canada will beat us.

dont be so stuped, i mean come on i know your young, but lets have some perspective please, you havent beaten us since 2003!!
[/b]
That last victory didn't mean too much. Look at the names that were missing from the Wallabies team, Mortlock, Larkham, Paul, Vickerman and more. I wouldn't say that the last Wales victory over the Wallabies was just Wales being really good (even though they were), I'd say it was a mixture of Wales being really good but also the Wallabies being crap. Don't be too surprised if the Wallabies beat Wales in Cardiff, the team is full of players who have won big games before.

Wasn't a full strength Welsh team either

But lora I don't see how you can take much confidence out of the Australian performance to say you're going to top the pool.

Well there wouldn't be too much incentive to win that group with the 2nd place team avoiding the All Blacks until the final.

Wales can have it :p

I'm surprised how many people took my last post seriously. I'm hoping we're going to beat fiji and japan to get third at the same time running wales and aus close.

My call for Canada is assuming we actually get our full strength team playing we beat Japan and Fiji and run a good game against Wales. We get blown out by Australia though and don't make it to the quarters. Give us a bit of time though I think Canada is going to keep improving in play. A lot of good young rugby players are starting to emerge and especially in our backs Mensah Coker, Monro, Smith Pyke etc and I think 2011 we should be considerably stronger.

Rugby is growing rapidly in this country infact it is one of the fastest growing sports in the country. It is gaining immense popularity in central Canada where Universities are even offering scholarships to students for rugby especially at schools such as McMaster, Western Ontario, Laurier, Queens etc. The game of rugby is changing over here from a purely amateur beer drinking sport to one with a little more emphasis on professionalism. I wouldn't even be surprised if we eventually see a professional league emerge. We are starting to see the stadiums for it. Which might I add has been a big problem with drawing crowds in the past. Whitecaps Stadium, and BMO field in Toronto are going to be perfect venues for rugby right in the heartland of rugby. 20,000 seat grass and fieldturf stadiums perfect size for rugby in Canada.

If we can get 15,000 fans to a game against Wales at York university we can get a lot more to a game in downtown TO

I'm sort of thinking that wales and australia are close enough that if we can run one of them close, we can do the same with the other. But it's really going to depend on how many injuries we have.

My call for Canada is assuming we actually get our full strength team playing we beat Japan and Fiji and run a good game against Wales. We get blown out by Australia though and don't make it to the quarters. Give us a bit of time though I think Canada is going to keep improving in play. A lot of good young rugby players are starting to emerge and especially in our backs Mensah Coker, Monro, Smith Pyke etc and I think 2011 we should be considerably stronger.

Rugby is growing rapidly in this country infact it is one of the fastest growing sports in the country. It is gaining immense popularity in central Canada where Universities are even offering scholarships to students for rugby especially at schools such as McMaster, Western Ontario, Laurier, Queens etc. The game of rugby is changing over here from a purely amateur beer drinking sport to one with a little more emphasis on professionalism. I wouldn't even be surprised if we eventually see a professional league emerge. We are starting to see the stadiums for it. Which might I add has been a big problem with drawing crowds in the past. Whitecaps Stadium, and BMO field in Toronto are going to be perfect venues for rugby right in the heartland of rugby. 20,000 seat grass and fieldturf stadiums perfect size for rugby in Canada.

If we can get 15,000 fans to a game against Wales at York university we can get a lot more to a game in downtown TO
[/b]

Man it's good to see rugby is growing over there, i do hope it keeps growing and eventually spills over into america, i can't wait for the day USA start taking rugby seriously, hopefully in my lifetime. can you imainge an american team full of Ray Lewis', Randy Moss', Jermoe Bettiss' or Ladainian Tomlinsons'?

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Man it's good to see rugby is growing over there, i do hope it keeps growing and eventually spills over into america, i can't wait for the day USA start taking rugby seriously, hopefully in my lifetime. can you imainge an american team full of Ray Lewis', Randy Moss', Jermoe Bettiss' or Ladainian Tomlinsons'?
[/b][/quote]

You must be very very young if you expect Rugby taken seriously in the USA in your lifetime ... This would explain your naive statement ;)

That could prove a very tough pool to pick a winner, would never put money past Samoa getting second...

Latest posts