Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
world_cup_2010_logo.png

Post all World Cup 2010 news in here.​

Colombia pop star Shakira to sing World Cup anthem

_47657655_shakira.jpg

A song by Colombian pop star Shakira and South African band Freshlyground has been chosen as the official anthem of this summer's World Cup.

The song, Time for Africa, is expected to be released to radio stations from next week and will be available for download from 26 April.

Shakira and Freshlyground will perform the song at the pre-tournament Kick-Off concert in Soweto on 10 June.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8625370.stm

World Cup thread

I know it's ages off yet, but I can't help myself, I am already getting to fever pitch excitement! Is your team there? Can you make it through the groups? If your team isn't there, who will you be supporting instead and why?

Purely for a rugby background looking forward to see how New Zealand get on.

Everyone in England is getting over-excited already while the tabloids are barely stopping short of saying we've already won.

So that means England will bumble through the group stage before losing the first knockout-round on penalties then we can all resume our lives.

Everyone in England is getting over-excited already while the tabloids are barely stopping short of saying we've already won.

So that means England will bumble through the group stage before losing the first knockout-round on penalties then we can all resume our lives.

I don't think that's true at all, maybe at the last World Cup, but most people i know are pretty realistic. Everyone seems to know that without Rooney we're screwed, and everyone seems to realise that there are better teams in the world, like Spain and Brazil. Although they have high hopes, i personally would hope for a semi-final given the way qualifying went, but if they went out in the quarters i wouldn't be surprised. The tabloids are too busy trying to **** everything up (e.g. bugging the team hotel, stalking John Terry and Ashley Cole, still trying to dig up dirt on Lampard and Gerrard) to consider whether we can win it this time out.

Someone complained to collect stickers stickers crown to exchange?

I think the thing with England this time is that we were the second best qualifiers in the world. I know Sven had a similar record but this time there is a conviction about the way we're playing. We might fall short of winning it, and Capello has targetted the quarter finals as a realistic aim, but if the draw goes our way we could be in with half a chance.

We're not the best team in the world by any means, that's probably Spain at the moment, but this team has a bit of grit about it. I don't think we're good enough to win it but this team has a much better chance than the one in 2006.

If it hadn't been for Rooney behaving like a grade-A twat, 2006 could have been a very different story: Don't forget that France and Italy weren't anywhere near the best sides either.

This year worries me, there are no outstanding wingers (Beckham old and corcked while Joe Cole is a shadow of his former self), the centrebacks are a pair of idiots, there's no such thing as a secure keeper in England, Gerrard is past it while Lampard isn't half as good as he likes to believe while Rooney is likely to play alone up-front as all his potential strike-partners are (frankly) arse - A problem which could have been avoided if Ferguson had given Owen the game time all year instead of that big-fish-in-a-small-pond, Berbatov.

He'll go 4-4-2 I think with either Crouch or that waster Heskey.

World Cup? Who needs it?

We'll have our own world cup... with blackjack and hookers.

Actually both will be in high suplly in South Africa anyway.

hey my socerro friend.dreaming is possible, but Brazil will take again the fact is fifa world cup, ok?

I fancy Germany to win.

Does anyone know if ea sports fifa world cup 2010 is any good and if minor football nations like the Feroes or San Marino have go their real rosters and kits.

I fancy Germany to win.

Does anyone know if ea sports fifa world cup 2010 is any good and if minor football nations like the Feroes or San Marino have go their real rosters and kits.
It's got the licenses for 199 of 204 teams that tried the qualify, the five that aren't in are:

"The five teams that were in the draw for World Cup qualifying but are not included in the game are African teams Central African Republic, Eritrea, and São Tomé and Príncipe, and Asian teams Bhutan and Guam."

There's a thread in the gaming section about the demo. Most people seem to love it, i personally couldn't tell any difference between it and normal fifa 10 (only played 1 match though, so might need to play it some more - also, that's not to say it isn't really good, because Fifa 10 is cracking)

It's got the licenses for 199 of 204 teams that tried the qualify, the five that aren't in are:

"The five teams that were in the draw for World Cup qualifying but are not included in the game are African teams Central African Republic, Eritrea, and São Tomé and Príncipe, and Asian teams Bhutan and Guam."

There's a thread in the gaming section about the demo. Most people seem to love it, i personally couldn't tell any difference between it and normal fifa 10 (only played 1 match though, so might need to play it some more - also, that's not to say it isn't really good, because Fifa 10 is cracking)

I've been going back to FIFA 09 recently and that's still a cracking kickabout!

Get knocked out by Australia hopefully if we finished second in our group and engerland finish top we get drawn together in the next round. ;)

UP THE ROOS! :cool:

Get knocked out by Australia hopefully if we finished second in our group and engerland finish top we get drawn together in the next round. ;)

UP THE ROOS! :cool:

Wouldn't be the first time in recent years England got Cocky about playing the Oussies and come home with their tails between their legs..

I guess they do have to eventually beat is in a World Cup one day... lol

Latest posts