• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup 2015 wishlist

DuncTheDoodle

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Ospreys
So then. We're just over a year out from the World Cup build-up hoo-har starting once over, and hopefully that means we'll be seeing another rugby game getting release. If we can put our dreams and desires of EA Sports making a FIFA-style rugby game to one side (It's not going to happen, guys), our best hope will be a follow-up to HB Studio's Rugby World Cup 2011 game. I actually really enjoyed the original and still play it on a regular basis (Whenever I come home, me and my brother will have a series of what can only be described as epic encounters). So, if they are to make a follow-up, which considering the relatively strong sales of its predecessor, could well happen, what do we want to see included?

I want to see more than 20 teams. It doesn't have to be club sides- I never use international sides in Rugby Challenge, and I'm quite happy to have a seperate club rugby and international rugby game. So give us Uruguay, Spain, Chillie, Madagascar, etc.- All the teams in with a chance of qualification. I'd also like to see more of the 'smaller' teams licensed- Russia, Georgia, Romania, Scotland, that kind of deal.

A longer campaign mode where you perhaps start with the team's result from 2011 and work your way towards 2014, playing four 'Euro Nations'/'Quad Tourney' or whatever campaigns and autumn tests and summer tours in the aim of building your team into a side of world-beaters. Being able to choose from more than 30 players and watching them improve would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The obvious other thing is to fix the handful of glitches and irritating issues- Make passing quicker (Two-on-ones are far too difficult as it stands), although it was satisfying fluid before. Offloads could be more common, but not to the extent that it becomes as ridiculous as (Particularly the first) Rugby Challenge. The pilfering thing was a welcome addition before, but now means you are scared of making a clear break as it all too often costs you the ball. A 'rucking' stat or something should come into account here, meaning that only if you get a Pocock or a Warburton over the ball when they're on their own will the steal be made.

Other than that, update the rosters, make it look pretty, better/more player likenesses and more stadia would be grand.

i heard rumours from a page which is trying to persuade ea to make a rugby game that they are getting close to persuading them but i dont know

i heard rumours from a page which is trying to persuade ea to make a rugby game that they are getting close to persuading them but i dont know

It's not going to happen. A Twitter account with 2000 followers isn;t going to persuade one of the biggest corporations in world media to do anything. They'd need genuine proof that the game would sell by the bucketload, and the rugby games they published previously have given them plenty of proof to the contary.

I don't think HB will make a rugby game again. Last one was a flop and the backlash from the fans was huge.
Best bet is SIDHE getting their hands on the licenses - they managed with the Lions. It'll most likely just be a reskinned RC1 (as RC2 was) - but if they can get all of the licenses (and if HB aren't making one, then it's possible) it'll scratch the itch.

It looks like Sidhe have taken up the reigns but I can't into it. The passing and offloads are so wild and it's so easy to make breaks. It essentially looks like a game of touch but contact. With the recent efforts to expand the game in the US maybe one day their population will raise the numbers for EA to produce another rugby game. Actually with Sevens becoming so popular all over the globe I won't be surprised to see that as a game, maybe in development to be included in an EA Olympics release. Still want XVs though.

If any rugby game is made I hope they don't do the rating on their own and they actually refer to the community. They can average out the scores then.

I want there to be a Be a Pro kind of league where you get the sense of coming through grass roots all the way up to test rugby. That would be so fun.

Separated from the usual rugby game I'd like a company to come out with a Rugby Manager game. Managing the juniors and academies along with playing the transfer market is fun. There was that free one with the purple and colourful layout that had me addicted for a good while. If someone can produce one of that quality for free then surely a game developer company could do the same.

I never got around to playing HB Studios game but till now Rugby 08 has had the most longevity and fun for me.

So then. We're just over a year out from the World Cup build-up hoo-har starting once over, and hopefully that means we'll be seeing another rugby game getting release. If we can put our dreams and desires of EA Sports making a FIFA-style rugby game to one side (It's not going to happen, guys), our best hope will be a follow-up to HB Studio's Rugby World Cup 2011 game. I actually really enjoyed the original and still play it on a regular basis (Whenever I come home, me and my brother will have a series of what can only be described as epic encounters). So, if they are to make a follow-up, which considering the relatively strong sales of its predecessor, could well happen, what do we want to see included?

I want to see more than 20 teams. It doesn't have to be club sides- I never use international sides in Rugby Challenge, and I'm quite happy to have a seperate club rugby and international rugby game. So give us Uruguay, Spain, Chillie, Madagascar, etc.- All the teams in with a chance of qualification. I'd also like to see more of the 'smaller' teams licensed- Russia, Georgia, Romania, Scotland, that kind of deal.

A longer campaign mode where you perhaps start with the team's result from 2011 and work your way towards 2014, playing four 'Euro Nations'/'Quad Tourney' or whatever campaigns and autumn tests and summer tours in the aim of building your team into a side of world-beaters. Being able to choose from more than 30 players and watching them improve would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The obvious other thing is to fix the handful of glitches and irritating issues- Make passing quicker (Two-on-ones are far too difficult as it stands), although it was satisfying fluid before. Offloads could be more common, but not to the extent that it becomes as ridiculous as (Particularly the first) Rugby Challenge. The pilfering thing was a welcome addition before, but now means you are scared of making a clear break as it all too often costs you the ball. A 'rucking' stat or something should come into account here, meaning that only if you get a Pocock or a Warburton over the ball when they're on their own will the steal be made.

Other than that, update the rosters, make it look pretty, better/more player likenesses and more stadia would be grand.

The pilfering can be countered by doing it like in Rugby Challenge 2. In RC2 if your timing is good and you press the holding on to the ball at the correct moment of offense for the correct amount of time, it will many times not allow the opponent to pilfer the ball.(Although you are risking a holding on penalty) It is pretty balanced in RC2, a little more difficult on Pro, should be more like on hard. But it does work to counter , the break pilfer. Although if you get to isolated you should lose possession. Many times people don't realize they outrun there support, its not always wise to sprint all the time;). Slow down and look for your supporting players:).

Cheers and Salud

Last edited:
Big thing for me is rosters, get 'em licensed, get them extended, get them realistic. RWC'11 I got upset (I guess pis-sed is a censored word?) at the number of times my guy would lose the ball after making a break but that's whatever. And if there was a way to call plays quicker, maybe I'm not doing it right but I have to wait until I'm at the breakdown, and if the alignment isn't quick then I get turned over right when I go to pass it. Mainly though rosters because those take an age and a day to change, gameplay stuff can be fooled around with in sliders and such.

Last edited:

Latest posts