• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup draw

I take it this is the soccer world cup??

If so, your damn skippy I'm looking forward to that!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Candyman @ Dec 4 2009, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 4 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
England are a side we could take, lol. :p[/b]

Hahahaha!! Love the optimisim!!
[/b][/quote]
It's England...we're hardly the greatest football team in the world :p
I'd be surprised if we made it out of the group stage, despite the Sun adverts with ian wright saying we could win the whole thing

well given the group you've got it'll be an absolute disaster of the highest proportions, **** easy draw for England with USA, Algeria and Slovenia.

Easy draw for the hosts, Uruguay are no great shakes, France as was proven during the qualifiers are in disarray leaving Mexico posing the only threat.

Argentina's group is a sense of deja-vu.

Germany have a handy number although it'll be an interesting fight for top spot with Ghana.

Group E is almost like a group of death with all 4 teams having a real chance of getting through, same can't be said for Group F though, Italy should sail through and I'd back Slovakia to join them.

Group G though is the big one, 3 potential winners in the one group and poor North Korea, what a group to get and for the runner-up there's the likelihood of Spain in the last 16, can't really get any tougher than that.

Spain and Switzerland should come through alright in group H

Olyy, don't be silly, you know that you were cheated out of every world cup since '66, and are always the best team in the world going into Major Tournaments even though you have only ever won one major tournament.

Nice to hear a refreshing attitude from an Enland fan though, you have no idea how annoying it is to have to endure all they hype every four years as an Irishman, but it does make the inevitable disappointment more fun.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 4 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well given the group you've got it'll be an absolute disaster of the highest proportions, **** easy draw for England with USA, Algeria and Slovenia.

Easy draw for the hosts, Uruguay are no great shakes, France as was proven during the qualifiers are in disarray leaving Mexico posing the only threat.

Argentina's group is a sense of deja-vu.

Germany have a handy number although it'll be an interesting fight for top spot with Ghana.

Group E is almost like a group of death with all 4 teams having a real chance of getting through, same can't be said for Group F though, Italy should sail through and I'd back Slovakia to join them.

Group G though is the big one, 3 potential winners in the one group and poor North Korea, what a group to get and for the runner-up there's the likelihood of Spain in the last 16, can't really get any tougher than that.

Spain and Switzerland should come through alright in group H[/b]

I'm sure if they're not in some sort of form by then they'll still manage to get through thr group. They'll handle it somehow.

I know a similar post has been made but for those that haven't seen the full draw here it is!

All Whites drawn with world champions
Yahoo!Xtra Sport - December 5, 2009, 7:35 am

The All Whites have been grouped with world champions Italy, Paraguay and Slovakia for the FIFA World Cup in South Africa next year.

New Zealand will play Slovakia in their opening game of Group F on June 15 in Rustenburg.

Five days later the All Whites will play Italy in Nelspruit followed by their final group game against Paraguay on June 24 in Polokwane.

The All Whites played Italy earlier this year in a friendly going down 4-3.

The opening game of the World Cup will be played on June 11 between hosts South Africa and Mexico.

England fans will be happy with their group after being drawn with USA, Algeria and Slovenia.

Australia have a difficult task to reach the second round after being drawn with Germany, Ghana and Serbia.

The most intriguing group might be Group G which has five time world champions Brazil, Portugal, Ivory Coast and North Korea.

GROUP A
South Africa
Mexico
Uruguay
France

GROUP B
Argentina
Nigeria
South Korea
Greece

GROUP C
England
USA
Algeria
Slovenia

GROUP D
Germany
Australia
Ghana
Serbia

GROUP E
Netherlands
Denmark
Japan
Cameroon

GROUP F
Italy
Paraguay
New Zealand
Slovakia

GROUP G
Brazil
Korea DPR
Ivory Coast
Portugal

GROUP H
Spain
Switzerland
Honduras
Chile

Why are North Korea allowed within a thousand miles of international sport? Worse than having Zimbabwe in there. c***s.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Dec 5 2009, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why are North Korea allowed within a thousand miles of international sport? Worse than having Zimbabwe in there. c***s.[/b]

Because they qualified.

Politics has no place in sports.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Dec 4 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why are North Korea allowed within a thousand miles of international sport? Worse than having Zimbabwe in there. c***s.[/b]

I say good luck to North Korea, the nuke kids on the block.

NB- I'm pretty sure I've used that joke before, if so I apologize for my CJRS. (Crap Joke Repetition Syndrome)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Candyman @ Dec 5 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I know a similar post has been made but for those that haven't seen the full draw here it is!

All Whites drawn with world champions
Yahoo!Xtra Sport - December 5, 2009, 7:35 am

The All Whites have been grouped with world champions Italy, Paraguay and Slovakia for the FIFA World Cup in South Africa next year.

New Zealand will play Slovakia in their opening game of Group F on June 15 in Rustenburg.

Five days later the All Whites will play Italy in Nelspruit followed by their final group game against Paraguay on June 24 in Polokwane.

The All Whites played Italy earlier this year in a friendly going down 4-3.

The opening game of the World Cup will be played on June 11 between hosts South Africa and Mexico.

England fans will be happy with their group after being drawn with USA, Algeria and Slovenia.

Australia have a difficult task to reach the second round after being drawn with Germany, Ghana and Serbia.

The most intriguing group might be Group G which has five time world champions Brazil, Portugal, Ivory Coast and North Korea.

GROUP A
South Africa
Mexico
Uruguay
France

GROUP B
Argentina
Nigeria
South Korea
Greece

GROUP C
England
USA
Algeria
Slovenia

GROUP D
Germany
Australia
Ghana
Serbia

GROUP E
Netherlands
Denmark
Japan
Cameroon

GROUP F
Italy
Paraguay
New Zealand
Slovakia

GROUP G
Brazil
Korea DPR
Ivory Coast
Portugal

GROUP H
Spain
Switzerland
Honduras
Chile[/b]

What??! lol well they should be a lot tougher this time round.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Dec 5 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Dec 5 2009, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because they qualified.

Politics has no place in sports.
[/b][/quote]
Touchy subject.

SA. Apartheid. At least SA had some democracy and plenty of civilisation.

North Korea is a frigging joke dictatorship - except it's no joke for the people: they've just had their savings wiped out by the freaks who run the communist party under Chinese dictation, and there's nothing the people can do about it without risking their lives. Evil. Kick the fcukers out!

Does the North Korean team represent the people? Or does it represent the state? Pfff. Their heroics will be abused by the power hungry.

As an Englishman I can't complain with the group draw, we should qualify from that easily, and we have arguably the hardest game, the USA, up first.

I reckon the draw look very good I'm happy with it well just to see New Zealand's name makes me happy! lol!!

It's not impossible for New Zealand to qualify, but Paraguay are experienced world cup campaigners.

Yeah it is not impossible BUT! I'm just happy they made it to the world cup to me that's win in itself! lol!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Candyman @ Dec 4 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I reckon the draw look very good I'm happy with it well just to see New Zealand's name makes me happy! lol!![/b]

So long as they don't take any tips from the rugby squad I'm sure they won't choke....oh....HE WENT THERE.

Brazil have a hard group with north korea,ivory coast and portugal.
north korea don't know about this football.
ivory coast have drogba player what can make difference in the field and portugal with liedson,deco are brazilians because portuguese players don't have hability and those imported players from Brazil.
bafana bafana will turn the first host nation what lost in group phase because win uruguay,france and mexico is very hard in this group "A",i will support the uruguay.
my opinion uruguay and mexico.

Latest posts