• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Player Pool

Steveskiez7

Academy Player
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Munster
I'm aware that a lot of information has not been released with regards to the game and I don't expect an answer. However, I was just wondering how large of a player pool there will be when it comes to squad selection. Will it be the likely 30-man squads that will be sent to NZ or will there be a larger crop of players. Just curious of everyones thoughts.

I understand if further information gets released and that club teams will be involved my question will be answered.

If you really want, you could post likely World Cup Squad Predictions as well.

The games being released on the 26th of August so hopefully they'll be able to sync all the teams by then, if not then hopefully there will be a world cup pack in the updates. Also, I really hope that if your players get injured than you can replace them unlike rugby 08 where at one stage i was left with 23 fit players!

I'm aware that a lot of information has not been released with regards to the game and I don't expect an answer. However, I was just wondering how large of a player pool there will be when it comes to squad selection. Will it be the likely 30-man squads that will be sent to NZ or will there be a larger crop of players. Just curious of everyones thoughts.

I understand if further information gets released and that club teams will be involved my question will be answered.

If you really want, you could post likely World Cup Squad Predictions as well.

HES(Rugby Challenge) has the licence for the Wallabies and All Blacks so I reckon HB(Rugby World Cup) can only use the official squads registered by each country for the WC due to licensing issues.

Last edited:
The games being released on the 26th of August so hopefully they'll be able to sync all the teams by then, if not then hopefully there will be a world cup pack in the updates. Also, I really hope that if your players get injured than you can replace them unlike rugby 08 where at one stage i was left with 23 fit players!

I think the question he is asking is will there be a variety of players to choose from, eg, will fringe players like Cipriani, Twelvetress and Abendanon be in the game and available to be selected even though they might not be in the actual world cup squad. I really hope the answer is yes, half the fun of playing the World Cup mode in the previous games was squad selection (Inability to scroll up and down properly aside). And i found it pretty lame that there were only 5 or so extra players in the Samoan and Tongan teams..

I really hope that there are more than 30 players from each country... Although the players outside of the actual world cup squads may not be licensed but if they look pretty good, and there's an editor that would be fine.

I totally agree with ranger about squad selection being a really fun process. It would be good if each team had 45 players. That would allow the RWC squad and one extra player in each position, another feature that would be really good, would be the ability to call players into the squad during the tournament if someone gets injured.

Latest posts