• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Qualifiers

A

An Tarbh

Not the best result for Ireland in Turin tonight with a 2-0 win for Italy over Bulgaria but at least Cannavaro will miss the match in Croke Park which is something, even though you wouldn't give Cyprus much chance of getting a result in Italy should we get an unlikely win next month. Still though a playoff should be a given.

Northern Ireland are gone as well, Slovakia were clinical tonight in Belfast and have all but booked their place to South Africa. With Slovenia winning 3-0 against Poland they now have second place and with 1 of their 2 matches against San Marino while the North face a trip to the Czech Republic it's fair to rule them out.

All too easy for England, with a 5-1 win over Croatia at Wembley with 2 games to spare.

Scotland put in a decent performance against the Dutch but couldn't take the chances when they came and ultimately the Dutch took the win late on. A draw would have given them an outside chance of getting a playoff but even when you rule out the results against the bottom teams for the 6 team groups the Scots still would have been struggling, as for Norway getting a playoff I'd say no chance.

Russia set up a winner takes all clash with Germany in Moscow next month courtesy of their win in Wales tonight.

France look like they'll have to rely on the playoffs after their draw in Belgrade, not too bad considering they were down to 10 men for the majority of the match.

Spain should book their place as well if they can get the win against Estonia after Turkey got a draw in Zenica.

Talk about drama in Riyadh, Saudi had taken the lead in the second leg of the playoff with a goal in the 90th minute only for Bahrain to equalise a minute later and set up a playoff with New Zealand.

Well done England, very impressed with the performance but listening to 5 live is really ******* me off. Alan Green must be the biggest twat in the world:

caller: I don't understand what Heskey is doing to warrant an England place'
Green: Well its not up to you anyway, and whatever Capello is doing he must be doing something right, he just got you to the world cup, so trust in him.

5 minutes later...

Green: I don't understand what Capello is playing at, he obviously has some delusion that Beckham should pick up his 125 caps but hes just not up to it.

(or along those lines)

TWAT

I thought England were superb tonight. We are arguably in the best run of form, performance and results wise, that I can ever remember.

congratulations for england,australia and Brazil(off course) for qualify to world cup fifa,happy for sweden and uruguay be in the fight for place in the world cup.

Remember.
Brasil will world championship in 2010.
see you in 2010-south africa.

BRAZIL!!!!!!!!!! :p

well, 2006 we had ON PAPER a team capable of winning the world cup; and if you have that than you can be happy with a semi-final place. We underachieved as usual, and then onto 2008.

Once more, we have this. This time, we also have a manager capable of making the arseholes play to their potential. So you see them blast through the group stages. Spain and Brazil will be the favourites, and rightly so. But England will have failed again if they don't reach the semis. They've shown what we all knew they were capable of, and once they get to the semis, anything can happen.

Apart from the fact that England don't have a goalkeaper and everyone over-hypes their chances at every tournament.

Still, I guess that people will actually give a toss about English football for the next 14 months.

Nah, the England team is unreal. I mean....Aaron Lennon doesn't even start half the time. Unreal I tells yeh.

Meanwhile Ireland has a centreal-midfield of GLenn Whelan and Keith Andrews....God help us. While Stephen Ireland refuses to build a bridge and get back over to play for his lovely fair land where he would make a nice partnership with Darron Gibson...doomed I tell yiz.

New Zealand have their first chance of entering the world cup since the early 80's. That is pretty epic.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 10 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nah, the England team is unreal. I mean....Aaron Lennon doesn't even start half the time. Unreal I tells yeh.

Meanwhile Ireland has a centreal-midfield of GLenn Whelan and Keith Andrews....God help us. While Stephen Ireland refuses to build a bridge and get back over to play for his lovely fair land where he would make a nice partnership with Darron Gibson...doomed I tell yiz.[/b]

and this the gimp that Mark Hughes thinks is captain material!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 10 2009, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 10 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Meanwhile Ireland has a centreal-midfield of GLenn Whelan and Keith Andrews....God help us. While Stephen Ireland refuses to build a bridge and get back over to play for his lovely fair land where he would make a nice partnership with Darron Gibson...doomed I tell yiz.[/b]

and this the gimp that Mark Hughes thinks is captain material!
[/b][/quote]

I don't know which gimp Mark Hughes thinks is captain material. But I see gimp I think Kevin Kilbane (Bulgaria's former World Cup 2010 qualifying campaign Top Scorer)?

But yeah...how can a guy who gets all uptight about having no hair ever be captain material. If only Keano was in charge, he's sort the banjo out.

I know....hence my laterv reference to the bald guy that creeps me out.

Just can't miss a chance to have a dig at Kevin Kilbane.

I have never seen the dead organisms which walk on an football arena like Georgian players :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very hospitable and polite, Georgian players give 3 pts to every team they face off.

GD3997075@A-man-collects-dead-f-7985.jpg

The FAI and management should be breaking their bumholes to get Stephen Ireland back playing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Sep 10 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The FAI and management should be breaking their bumholes to get Stephen Ireland back playing.[/b]

they've done more than enough to try and get him to come back, he's having none of it, selfish *******.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (clayton @ Sep 10 2009, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
congratulations for england,australia and Brazil(off course) for qualify to world cup fifa,happy for sweden and uruguay be in the fight for place in the world cup.

Remember.
Brasil will world championship in 2010.
see you in 2010-south africa.

BRAZIL!!!!!!!!!! :p[/b]

Dont forget North Korea

The Nuke ids on the block.

:huh: :huh:

England have Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, Noble, Jenas, Sidwell, Bullard, Cattermole, Huddlestone etc. etc. who would all walk into an Irish team, our keeper may be several hundered times better than your 5 best combined, but I'm still jealous about your depth pretty much everywher else.

England have an excellent team, but I ALWAYS want them to lose, mainly because of your scummy medias attitude towards the sport.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Sep 11 2009, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
England have an excellent team, but I ALWAYS want them to lose, mainly because of your scummy medias attitude towards the sport.[/b]

Ha! That'd be the the Communist Broadcasting Corporation

Latest posts