• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup squads

Highland Shaun

Academy Player
I was browsing on the 606v2 rugby forum earlier and saw a post where Scotland fans were discussing the potential world cup 31 man tour squad and it got me thinking about the other British based teams and who could be in their world cup squads.

I only watch the 6N so I really have no idea who will make the Scotland touring squad so I am going to post what a poster on 606v2 posted regarding how he sees our touring squad look.

Props - Dell, Reid, Nel, Berghan, Fagerson
Hooker - McInally, Brown, Turner
Lock - R Gray, J Gray, Gilchrist, Toolis, Skinner (back row cover too)
Back row - Barclay (C), Ritchie, Bradbury, Watson, Wilson

SH - Price, Laidlaw, Horne
FH - Russell, Hasting
C - Johnson, Jones, Scott, Benentt (big assumption on the last two though, and I can see him picking Horne)
Back 3 - Hogg, Maitland, Graham, Kinhgorn.

I think it will be interesting to see if anyone forces themselves into the squad by having a good summer warm up matches series, possibly guys like Jamie Lang, Blade Thomson, Rory Hutchinson or Stafford McDowall, however, unless they have extraordinary performances I just don't see it.

The only worry I have is our defence and the fact we concede a ridiculous number of penalties. I am wondering if we may see a change in defence coach and if so, who will it be? Other than that, we are ok because we can now score tries and also have depth in our squad.

Thoughts guys :)?

Last edited:

Latest posts