World Diabetes Day

Sker

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Cheetahs
Happy World Diabetes Day, if anyone else on here is also a Type 1 Diabetic, respect!

We're just too awesome, pancreas gave in. True story.

500px-Blue_circle_for_diabetes.svg_.png

Happy World Diabetes Day, if anyone else on here is also a Type 1 Diabetic, respect!

We're just too awesome, pancreas gave in. True story.

500px-Blue_circle_for_diabetes.svg_.png

Respect!! My Grandfather had it and one of my friends was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes just last week. The only people I know that are allowed to dope...

My 9 year old kid has diabetes type 1 since 1 year.
It´s no dope like Heineken says, it´s an hormone that you have to inject every f...ing day of your life, even 3 or more times per day.
I hope someday pharmaceutical companies put aside their millions in profits for the treatment of this disease, and find a cure ...
Maybe I ask too much but never lost hope ...

Not a pleasant disease.. My mate and grandad picked up Type 2 within the last year or so ... really unpleasant.

My 9 year old kid has diabetes type 1 since 1 year.
It´s no dope like Heineken says, it´s an hormone that you have to inject every f...ing day of your life, even 3 or more times per day.
I hope someday pharmaceutical companies put aside their millions in profits for the treatment of this disease, and find a cure ...
Maybe I ask too much but never lost hope ...

Hey mate, I only saw this post now. PM me your mail and I'll send you some links that might you'll find really helpful regarding type 1 and managing it with correct foods. I recently started a kinda paleo type diet thing myself, not completely paleo but still very low-carb and the results were amazing after the first week. Increased insulin sensitivity and I've been keeping my BG close to perfect.

I have relatives with type-2. No idea about type-1.

I've read that type-2 is related to fatty liver disease, and is caused by eating processed food.

You pick up the newspaper everyday and read ... three articles telling you salt/fat/sugar is good/bad for you. But you can also read scientists online replacing this propaganda with measured assessments of what the data are telling us.

I follow an anti-inflammatory diet: meat (red & fish) + animal fat (butter, cream etc) + some fruit & veg - but no grains (pasta, bread, porridge), no veg oils, no fructose.

Try this to start:
http://healthcorrelator.blogspot.co.uk/

There are a lot bloggers like this, using serious science, but the subject is very complex.

Any views?

Latest posts