• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

• Thread starter Canadian_Rugger
  • Start date
C

Canadian_Rugger

They announced it today!!! I cannot wait for the tournament to start its gonna be sweet
<

The loss to the US hurt a lot last year
<

Why is there no Gilbert Brule? He ought to be at least on the long list, if only to get him the experience for next year, when he should be playing for Canada in front of his home crowd in Vancouver.

I don't know too much about many of the other teams, but we are going to have an absolutly amazing team this year. A pity that the Florida Panthers are too short-sighted to release Nathan Horton, yet another reason to hate Mike Keenan. What is he going to remember and build on in 5 years, playing in a pressure packed tournament for his country, or playing a few more games in the AHL?

Anyways, I'm very much looking forward to this years tournament, especially because it won't be on European time, so all of the games start at 4:30am. With the tourney being in North Dakota, I'm only 2 hours off.

I thinK Russia will have a very strong team this year aswell. The Russian selects did excellent against the CHL all star teams.

Canada had a strong start :-D 6-0 over finland in exhibition. Canada has a veyr fast, big and strong team with a lot of skill. The Crosby/Bergeron Combination was amazing as they lit up the scoreboard the whole night.

http://sports.sympatico.msn.ca/Home/Conten...itemid=53325042

Can't wait for the Tourney to get under way.

Here are the pools

Pool A:

USA
Russia
Czech Republic
Switzerland
Belarus

Pool B:

Canada
Sweden
Finland
Slovakia
Germany

just beat switzerland 5-0 bergeron notched 2 goals as did carter with Crosby adding 2 assists :-D

That ends our exhibition games and the round robin kicks off on christmas day
<

I cannot wait
<

Wow Belarus...just wow. Now the states knows what it's like to be on the losing end of a "miracle". Only better that it happened to the goddamn yanks. But, the yankee sumsofbitches have to win because I want Canada to dismember, dismantle, and destroy (stfu) them. Barring any fluke plays that is.

Originally posted by Trippy Mushroom@Dec 30 2004, 09:30 PM
Wow Belarus...just wow. Now the states knows what it's like to be on the losing end of a "miracle". Only better that it happened to the goddamn yanks. But, the yankee sumsofbitches have to win because I want Canada to dismember, dismantle, and destroy (stfu) them. Barring any fluke plays that is.
yeah that was some gutsy playing by the belorussians very impressive. kastitsyn is quite the little player aswell. I am a little disheartened with the lack oif QMJHL talent on team Canada. I think the Q is often shunned by the rest of Canada and considered a lesser league then the OHL and WHL but its really funny because the two best players in this tournament are Bergeron and Crosby and both are from the Q lol.

Canada is so strong this year though its ridiculous they have completely hammered all the opposition. I would love to see a Canada/Russia final and from the looks of things it seems its heading that way.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Dec 30 2004, 07:04 PM
I am a little disheartened with the lack oif QMJHL talent on team Canada. I think the Q is often shunned by the rest of Canada and considered a lesser league then the OHL and WHL but its really funny because the two best players in this tournament are Bergeron and Crosby and both are from the Q lol.
come on, we all know that the Dub is the best league
<
Seriously though, with the exception of Crosby (Bergeron is in the NHL) the WHL does seem to be a step above this year.

Originally posted by Geoff+Dec 31 2004, 07:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Geoff @ Dec 31 2004, 07:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugger
@Dec 30 2004, 07:04 PM
I am a little disheartened with the lack oif QMJHL talent on team Canada.  I think the Q is often shunned by the rest of Canada and considered a lesser league then the OHL and WHL but its really funny because the two best players in this tournament are Bergeron and Crosby and both are from the Q lol.
come on, we all know that the Dub is the best league
<
Seriously though, with the exception of Crosby (Bergeron is in the NHL) the WHL does seem to be a step above this year. [/b]
Indeed the WHL is very strong this year but I am always finding hockey canada is overlooking the Q and a lot of good players are being passed over.

Bergeron played for my city's team the Acadie-Bathurst ***an and he was a very good player.

YAEH BABY YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOLD AT YET ANOTHER HOCKEY EVENT. GREATEST TEAM EVER IN WJC HISTORY.

Latest posts