• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World League Brainstorming thread

F

Fa'atau82

Hi guys,

I have made this brainstorming thread as i think we can all benefit from this small breakthrough i made today. I have managed to change the teams in the 4 divisions in World League to real-life leagues or as near real-life as possible. This only really works for European Leagues of 12 teams and 8 teams and gives a realistic domestic season to play with. Not for Super14 unfortuately, as it's not yet possible to add or subtract teams from divisions.

Also the ECC (Knockout cup in World league) looks pretty cool with a good mix of teams, although it is impossible to make group stages.

I have re-assigned the teams in MUP to locate into each division. It's very easy and i can give a tutorial if you require. The file is 07590d14b68496aaf5406caf9ddf8e7b.rsg

My next aim is to re-name the divisions themselves, and also in this breakthrough, it means that you can play as any of the 12 team leagues i have set-up if the rsg file is configured.

I have configured it for Guinness Premiership for the moment, but it can be done with Magners League (extended by 2 teams) and Top12 (Top14). So, you can now play with a Guinness Premiership team (if you have MUP) and also be offered jobs by French, UK and European clubs. the only drawback is that this runs for a season, and then the leagues will suffer promotion and relegation, although it may be possible to switch that off.. that is some deep editing and would be pretty complex expect.

If Wales gets a 5th region and i add Connacht to the game, then that means that only one more team is added to Magners League to make 12 teams, and it will be a proper licensed Magners League for Rugby '08. I could add Leeds though for now and i have added a couple of french teams.

Here are the screenshots:

I would like everyone who has knowledge of coding to help try to solve the minor coding issues to make this a genuine update. The other problem is the rdf. The game works with original rdf, but as we know the players are wrong. Some teams are ok but of course if we can get updated rosters into an rdf, we have lift-off.

Let's all try and see if we can achieve this.

I have no idea how to make relegated teams off, it could be that its classed as a league so that people can get relegated maybe if you coded it to be a tournament then it could be different but that might be in a rdf, i think they coded the tournaments into classes like , league and knock out, league, knock out that kind of thing. Thats my only guess of that.

I will look into it, but no doubt we will get crashes. This is the problem. But if things can get sorted like rdf files, then at least you have one season.

It's just a simple google search :), ill dl it and see if it works with any rdf files.

It wants me to rename the directory of where it is but i cba because its confusing lol.

I tried that rdf editor myself. Useless for what we need i think. Hey, maybe if it opens as a html type document, you can save open it with mozilla offline to view it? Wild guess. I'll be wearing the dunce hat in the corner.

That site just tells you some info. There is nothing on it. This is probably gonna sound really stupid, but if it is read by mozilla, cant it open like an IE html file?

No. The game runs with my changes, but not with updated rdf. It's very frustrating to try, so i left it for a few days so i make more kits instead!

Check out Fiji in my thread.. my best ever kit i'd say.. the white one is much tougher, i did what i could.. but the blue one is very realistic. HD rocks!

Sorry about that. I want to know if there's any way you could use changed rosters for world league without the game crashing? Thanks.

when u modified the worldleague did you do any mistakes with the fixtures?. Did you miss out any fixtures?

No, i just re-configured the teams. It should work, it just replaces team 'a' with team 'b' against team 'c'.

Latest posts