• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World League ideas

F

Fa'atau82

Hey guys..

I was looking at World League mode today and i wondered if we can modify it for a domestic season. If it can be coded, my thoughts are this.

There are four leagues with different numbers of teams. These are:

Prem 8
1st 12
2nd 12
3rd 12

Now, in the team select you can only select a team from the 12 that are in Division 3. My thoughts here are that we can modify the teams participating by coding (it is possible and i has been done successfully) so in theory we can have the Guinness Premiership, Top14, Magners League, Super14, Super10 as real leagues with full stats, transfers etc. Also, i am hoping that the teams can be coded into the Cup as well, so you'd have a domestic season, and a cup as well. Not sure how the logos work for that though.

Of course, a patch file can be made to switch files specifically if you want to play any of the leagues, it will mean that all teams will be coded into 3rd division and you just decide which league you require and world league will load the required teams.

However, the key to this is changing the amount of teams in a division, and i'm not sure it can be done.. but if it could it will mean we can do the following:

44 teams (remember the 3 higher divisions are not immediately playable, but you will still be offered jobs as playable teams)

-12 for Guinness Prem (can be done now)
-10 for Magners League (will need 2 teams coded out into Top 14)
-14 for Top14 (will recieve the 2 coded out teams from Magners League)
-8 for a league of other teams, such as El Salvador, Leeds, Bucuresti, Treviso, Viadana, Calvisano, Padova, Parma who aren't in any of those leagues. (an idea for this could be to replace Bucuresti, Leeds and El Salvador for for 3 other italian teams to make a Super 8)

So really, the coding is just for taking 2 teams from a league and adding another 2, so then you'd have 8, 10, 14, 12 rather than 8, 12, 12, 12.

I know it is possible i think because Super14 has 14 teams, so there is room on the screen.. whether it works.. i don't know.

Super 14 wouldn't work on this format because you'd have to have all NZ/SA teams in it or if the 14 team coding crashes the game, it won't wotrk anyway.

If anyone wants to help with this, it'd be a massive mod for this game. It'd mean you can play a domestic season (once only before promotion/relegation mess up the league) with GP for sure, and the others are open to modification.

It's better than a league that has no stats. Of course, that will be left as it is.

Who's in for this project?

yea ill help but if ya can get rid of promotion it would be a major deal

yeah i have been thinkin of this for a while, i had a wee play with changing the world league.

i am in to have another crack at it something to do in my spare time anyway ;)

The other problem i found is that the rdf crashes the world league on team select.

Ok, with pageski's help i edited the 07590d14b68496aaf5406caf9ddf8e7b.rsg file, so that in world league it now looks like this..

'Elite' or 8 team league = (Treviso, Calvisano, Petrarca Padova, Overmach Parma, Viadana, Bucuresti, Auch and El Salvador although i would maybe put in the next 3 italian teams to make an Italian Super8)

'Div 1' or 12 team league = Extended Magners League with (Dax, Albi and Leeds Carnegie)

'Div 2' or 12 team league = Top12 (like Top14 but with no Dax, Albi or Auch. Toulon is in though)

'Div 3' or 12 team league = Guinness Premiership (all selectable)

However, as i select a team the game crashes. I am sure this is an rdf problem.. and i am using the original rdf, but something is wrong somewhere, but i have hope.. but at least if you have default roster, then you can play Guinness Premiership.

Although i must figure out this crash issue first. But it's a step forward.

in most games if you mod the game it tells you why it crashed. There maybe somewhere why its crashed.

It just crashes back to desktop. In my opinion, this error is caused by a missing/incorrectly coded file, an incorrect checksum or something like that. The rdf that comes from woosaah's editor for some reason does not like the game too much and is missing data or does not allow it to be read correctly. Or it could be the game. It could be something very minor that causes it, but until it is fixed or it is identified, it is unfixable.

I don't know jack about rdf files, i have never even heard of it until rugby 08, and it appears that other ea games don't use them either, as rugby 08 seems unique in it's concept of world league being something not connected with a loadable roster.

73cb47d1d69c90f28fd1cc4186ac1926.rdf - roster info from the gob file.

Maybe explore in that and see what happens.

Also maybe make every team selectable at the start like EA did?.

I can't open it with the editor, even though that is what made it.. and as far as i know, only div 3 teams are selectable.

Latest posts